My Sister's Keeper

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by sun-beetle of Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on 7/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by sun-beetle from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, July 17, 2005
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and injections to help her sister, Kate, fight leukaemia. Anna was born for this purpose, her parents tell her, which is why they love her even more.
But now she can't help but wonder what her life would be like if it weren't tied to her sister's... and so she makes a decision that for most, at any age, would be too difficult to bear, and sues her parents for the right to her own body.

Journal Entry 2 by sun-beetle from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, October 09, 2005
I'm already impressed by the first sentence:
"The best family members we're not technically related to."

let's see what else I'll find in this book :)

Journal Entry 3 by sun-beetle from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, October 16, 2005
A beautiful and skilled written book. I liked the characters of Anna and Brian a lot, also the book was written so I could understand every person's view, what seems very imortant to me. I found the love story a bit exhausting and in the wrong place and also the ending took me completely by surprise - it's not an ending I would have anticipated (and I did not like it ;) but the bottom line surely makes sense.
A book which impressed me.

Journal Entry 4 by Somy from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, May 13, 2007
Thanks for the book, sun-beetle!