The Ivy Chronicles

Registered by BC-08041015142 on 7/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by BC-08041015142 on Friday, July 15, 2005
To be read.

Journal Entry 2 by BC-08041015142 on Saturday, July 30, 2005
The book follows the ups and downs in the life of Ivy Ames following her sacking from her high-flying New York job and the discovery of her husband's unfaithfulness. Ames sets up a consultancy helping Manhattan's rich and powerful get their beloved children into one of the top private kindergarten schools while juggling the lives and needs of her own 2 children, recently out of private school themselves, and a downsizing move to a less salubrious area of town.

This book is in the chick lit vein and certainly won't win any literature prizes. However it is an entertaining read, with enough romance, skull-duggery and interesting characters to keep the pages turning.

Journal Entry 3 by BC-08041015142 at on Monday, November 07, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (11/7/2005 UTC) at

FINALLY parcelled up and ready to send to nice-cup-of-tea tomorrow.

Will be sent paper rate airmail from Birchwood PO.

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, November 15, 2005
A RABCK from the lovely GlasgowGal - thank you! I will read and then release at the Zurich OBCZ so that the Ivy Chronicles can find more readers :-)

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Ah, what can I say? I tried to resist, really I did, but I started reading this last night and it was just the reading matter I needed. Fun, without being too challenging! Plus, it had a good evening and whilst the heroine annoyed me at the start, she certainly grew on me :-) Thanks Glasgowgal!

Journal Entry 6 by nice-cup-of-tea at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, December 02, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/8/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Journal Entry 7 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, December 08, 2005
I took this home from tonight's meetUp. I will try to read it soon...

Journal Entry 8 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, April 03, 2006
An entertaining read, even if I didn't like the main character all that much. Nobody needs to be that superficial ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by KatColorado at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, May 08, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (5/9/2006 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Sandra Hei

Journal Entry 10 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
I took it home from the meetup.... wanders to Mt TBR.....

Journal Entry 11 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Hmmm... at some times, I wanted to throw the book into a far corner. It was just so superficial and stupid at times. But then, I liked the turns in the story. And the book was an easy read, what was/is the right thing to read at the moment. But still... it could have been much better.

Journal Entry 12 by Sunneschii at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, November 11, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (11/14/2006 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Meetup

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I took it home from the meeting in Cafe Gloria. I see it has gone around a lot in Zurich already! I think I'll release it in France somewhere at Christmas so it can travel a bit further.
I read it in two days, my two kids are sick and we didn't go outside at all. Thank god for TV!! ;) Just what I needed for those long days, an easy to read, quite funny at times, superficial book. Thanks!

CAUGHT IN ZURICH SWITZERLAND

Journal Entry 14 by maliline from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Argh, forgot to login again... I'm maliline by the way, not AnonymousFinder !

Journal Entry 15 by Potat1556 from Oberweningen, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, February 20, 2009
This book was funny and light to read, however quite frustrating and shallow at times. If this is the high life, i am so glad we dotn fly so high. But I did enjoy the book a bit. Just completd it today.

Journal Entry 16 by da-wildchildz from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2010
This book arrived in the post today along with a gardening angel (what a cool idea!) Also included in this generous package was a gorgeous bookmark. Many thanks Potat1556 for this RABCK!