Paula

by Isabel Allende | Nonfiction |
Registered by Barefootmum of Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom on 7/13/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Barefootmum from Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Wow! What can I say? Immensely moving, fascinating account of the life history of the Allende family as told by Isabel at the bedside of her dying daughter. Amazing storytelling really brings the history of Chile to life in a very personal way.

Journal Entry 2 by Barefootmum from Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2007
Sent off on a bookring. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Journal Entry 3 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Received safely today. Have not read anything by this author before, so looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 4 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Very moving and beautifully written. Fascinating historical details as well. Really enjoyed it.

Passing on to MrsBridgewater.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 30, 2007
Arrived safely this morning, just got to finish the book I started last night and then I'll get cracking on this one. Have only read one of her books before (House of the Spirits) but it was lovely.

Journal Entry 6 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 15, 2007
I loved this book! I stayed up way too late to finish this!

Not only is it a beautifully written, very moving account of the death of Paula it also brings to life the history of Chile. What a life she has led.

Off to Ragtimebabe tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by ragtimebabe on Tuesday, April 17, 2007
arrived today -

Journal Entry 8 by ragtimebabe on Wednesday, May 02, 2007
I loved what I managed to get read of this - fascinating history both personal and national/global!
but sadly I only got about half way through before I had to send it on - will hunt it out at the library to finish it :-)
have sent to decembermum

Journal Entry 9 by Decembermum from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 02, 2007
This arrived today, I've never read any Isabel Allende, I'm looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 10 by Anfield from Bagshot, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 16, 2007
came yesterday, wow are we about to finish the first round already?!