Baby, Oh Baby!

by Robin Wells | Romance |
Registered by Sherri5762 of Houston, Texas USA on 7/12/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 12, 2005
This was a really cute, easy read. So many romances I've read lately have been pissing me off and I've found it hard to get through them (too much conflict, not enough confidence on the part of either character) but not this one.

This is the story of Jake Chastaine. He married his high school sweetheart, Rachel, and together they lived the perfect life. Happily in love, amazing careers. Except they had trouble concieving their dream child and had consulted with a fertility clinic. Then Rachel was killed in a car accident along with Jake's parents. The next two years were hell for Jake and for Rachel's parents (who are the center of the sub-plot).

Jake finds out that the shady doctor at the fertility clinic gave his sperm sample (that was intended to be used for his and Rachel's fertility treatment) to another woman, unsuspecting Annie, after Rachel's death and that the woman had a baby.

The story unfolds from there (this all is explained in the first chapter! LOL.)

I found this book in a back alley off of our local McDonald's drive-thru, along with about 5 other books. None of which were already BookCrossing books, darn it. LOL. So since it was given to me, I'm giving it to others via a book ring. Please PM me if you are interested in joining.

Journal Entry 2 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Thursday, July 14, 2005
Since all my US people can only ship in the US, I'm going to send this book overseas first!

The Book Ring order is as follows, but subject to change at any time, so always check back before shipping on:

pilskadde, Denmark, will ship
kiwiwonder, New Zealand, will ship
irenic, Canada, will ship on N.A.
jarrett622, VA, US only
gypsieyzs, CT, US only
sunshinedreamr, CT, US only
goldilocks2005, IA

back to me for wild release????

Journal Entry 3 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, July 20, 2005
This book is on it's way to Pilskadde in Denmark. It just dawned on me that I have no idea what class I sent it... Must not have been paying attention. Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive!

Journal Entry 4 by Pilskadde on Saturday, July 23, 2005
What a great book! I'm normally not much of a romance fan, but this one was really good. Not very surprising, but I like the fact that everything was mixed up.

I am currently waiting to hear from Kiwiwonder, so the book can continue on.

Pilskadde

Journal Entry 5 by Pilskadde on Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Sending the book to Kiwiwonder today..

Pilskadde

Journal Entry 6 by KiwiWonder from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Arrived in the mail yesterday. Have a couple here in front of it, but will get on to it ASAP.

Journal Entry 7 by KiwiWonder from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Finished this book about two weeks ago, but didn't realise I hadn't journaled it yet!!

It was an entertaining read, but I thought parts of it were very cliched -- more so than I'm used to in my romance / chick-lit type books. However, the characters were loveable and 'real'.

Mailed to irenic via economy mail.

Journal Entry 8 by irenic from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, November 25, 2005
I have received the book around the time that I was moving. I have read it and will mail it on this weekend.

It was a good read. Great if you are looking for a little read.

Released 15 yrs ago (3/27/2006 UTC) at To the next participant in Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On to the next person.

Journal Entry 10 by goldilocks2005 from Brighton, Iowa USA on Monday, April 10, 2006
Received today! Can't wait to read it - sounds like a very fun read!

Journal Entry 11 by goldilocks2005 from Brighton, Iowa USA on Monday, May 08, 2006
I just finished this yesterday and loved it. It was such a fun and enjoyable read - great book for relaxing!!

Journal Entry 12 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Thursday, June 01, 2006
Yippee! A book ring that actually made it back to me unscathed!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this ring, and who got it safely on it's way and back. I've lost more books than I've gotten back, or that made their way where they were supposed to go. So to have this one "survive" is thrilling!

This book is now available for trade or RABCK.