The Rotters' Club

by Jonathan Coe | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014029466x Global Overview for this book
Registered by blueaero of Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/12/2005
Journal Entry 1 by blueaero from Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Its funny but I hated the 70's when I was a teenager - all the bad haircuts and rubbish music and horrendous fashion statements - I didnt really seem to be included in it and went off like most bored teenagers with David Bowie, Queen and eventually punk rock came along and I went to University.
Looking back though I now find that the 70's were a very good decade for films (Godfather, Nic Roeg, etc), and Ive started to quite like some of the music like Funcadelic that I would have sneered at when I was a teenager. Well The Rotters Club brings this all back to life although the book, like the TV series which follows it very closely, seems to lack a point to it at the end. Its entertaining enough though and you can snigger at the 70's references, if like me, you lived through them, and shake your head in amazement at the sheer foolishness of the decade if you didnt.
I