Murphy's Law.

by Colin Bateman | Humor |
Registered by Wagtail of Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Wagtail from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Haven't read this - but enjoyed the TV drama.

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Thanks Wagtail started reading this on the bus after I finished a bookcrossing book I picked up on Monday from the unofficial Bookcrossing shelf in the Belmont Cinema Cafe. Great to have another Bookcrossing book to help pass the time on the Aberdeen to Edinburgh bus trip as it's three hours and fifteen minutes long.

Tense begining and a blood chilling deed to start with... some nasty individuals get the ball rolling!

Finished reading: Thursday, October 6, 2005. Detective Martin Murphy is undercover, a non-stop wise-cracker, telling jokes to the point of absurdity even in the face of extreme violence and he has a tragedy in his Belfast past which drives him to over indulge with alcohol. His ex-wife won’t open the door to him and the police psychiatrist won’t sign him up for active duty, his medical file says he should be retired. Then, because Murphy’s worst is better than most peoples best, to quote Murdoch his boss, Murphy’s offered a final chance to get back into the game he is addicted to. Being out on the streets undercover fighting the bad guys. A bit of an accident waiting to happen? Well, read it an see, an enjoyable character in a brilliantly fast paced thriller. I have seen TV trailers for this starring James Nesbit and to be honest whilst whizzing through this book it was Nesbit’s cheeky chappie Irish brogue that echoed so perfectly as Murphy, in my head. Thanks Wagtail.

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 2005
@ last decided... who this is going to! I have been swithering about who to send it too but I think I have just the person who will enjoy it! I will not say who so it's next journal entry is a surprise to wagtail!
Heading off to the post office 2day!

Journal Entry 4 by biber from Manching, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, March 21, 2006
ooops sorry for my very LATE journal entry...I was so happy to get this because I enjoyed the TV series with James Nesbitt a lot but somehow it got lost in my pile of books here and I forgot to make the entry immediately grrr
Thank you so much rainbow3!!! I hope I'll find the time to read it soon ;O)

Journal Entry 5 by biber at Baal (OBCZ) in München, Bayern Germany on Thursday, August 31, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/1/2006 UTC) at Baal (OBCZ) in München, Bayern Germany

I started a while ago but I didn't finish it - I liked the TV series better (with James Nesbitt as Murphy!!!)Maybe someone else will be happy with it who hasn't seen the series yet!
To be released at the meetup!

Journal Entry 6 by MacsBooks from München, Bayern Germany on Friday, September 01, 2006
Got it at the meetup. Haven't seen the TV series :-)

Journal Entry 7 by MacsBooks at BC Meetup im Baal in München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/9/2016 UTC) at BC Meetup im Baal in München, Bayern Germany

Wie immer auf dem Tisch zu finden

Journal Entry 8 by benschu at München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Beim Meetup mitgenommen, Eintrag vergessen.

Journal Entry 9 by benschu at München, Bayern Germany on Sunday, August 04, 2019
I've read it now. My first Bateman, my first Murphy. Can't really figure out, what to think about it. The story goes nowhere. Tha case ist not solved, because everybody is dead. I miss the evolution of Murphy. Maybe the second book has ist.

Journal Entry 10 by benschu at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (9/19/2019 UTC) at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Your book of the month.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 25, 2019
And today in my mailbox, thank you benschu, for sending it to me. With the other book and the goodies.
It goes in the camper readingbox and after reading I will find a good place for it. Where is yet unknown.

Journal Entry 12 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, November 10, 2019
It takes to long to our next trip so this book is now part of the dutch November challenge by creativeChaos: De Kijkkast. (about books which are turned into movies and/or t.v series).

This book, Murphy's Law, was adapted from the BBC television series Murphy's Law (2001–2007), featuring James Nesbitt. Bateman explains on his website that "Murphy's Law was written specifically for James Nesbitt, a local actor who became a big TV star through Cold Feet. The ninety-minute pilot for Murphy's Law on BBC 1 was seen by more than seven million people, and led to three TV series, on which I was the chief writer."

Journal Entry 13 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, November 12, 2019
I can see it would have been a good t.v. series especially with James Nesbitt as Murphy. As for the book let's just say it is a good holiday read.

Journal Entry 14 by wingCamperfanwing at OBCZ Kulturhus in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (11/12/2019 UTC) at OBCZ Kulturhus in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

In the bookbasket.