No War: America's Real Business in Iraq

by Naomi Klein et al. | Other |
ISBN: 1903933579 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Drusillamac of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Blurb on the back:
Visiting Iraq, Naomi Klein was struck by the sight of a billboard going up advertising foreign goods. Contrary to today's news headlines, there always was a detailed plan for what would happen to postwar Iraq. But it had little to do with the banners under which the American and British governments cynically marketed their invasion of Iraq - democracy, freedom and fighting terrorism.

This scathing J'Accuse tears the veil off the hypocrisy of the actions of Tony Blair and George W. Bush. Seeing the horrific scars inflicted on a country under stress, and the deeply shokcing motives for it, no reader will be able to look at the Iraqi invasion with the same eyes as before.

Journal Entry 2 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 06, 2005
This is being lent to drutt. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 10, 2005
Oops, I forgot to journal this. I picked this up from Drusillamac when we met up at the mini-meet.

Journal Entry 4 by drutt at Debra charity shop in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (2/25/2016 UTC) at Debra charity shop in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy this book. If you join bookcrossing.com (it's free), you can release this book once you've read it and track its journey. If you have any questions, you can send me a private message by clicking on the name "drutt".