The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks

by Jen Sincero | Other |
Registered by jenm of Waterbury, Connecticut USA on 7/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by jenm from Waterbury, Connecticut USA on Saturday, July 02, 2005
From amazon.com:
"""You can't swing a dead cat at a bridal shower without hitting a straight chick who's slept with another woman, who's thought about it, or who's ready to make the move as soon as someone breaks out the booze."" Such are the incisive pearls of wisdom to be heard from straight chick and girl-on-girl dabbler Jen Sincero, author of The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks. A deliciously sexy how-to guide, it gives curious straight women the complete inside scoop on girl-on-girl action -- from pickup lines and virgin jitters to threesomes, techniques, and toys. Drawing on personal experience and hundreds of interviews with straight girls who've slept with lesbians, straight girls who've slept with straight girls, lesbians who've slept with straight girls, and straight girls who've done both or neither, Sincero covers the A to Z of the experience including: · Obtaining a visitor's pass to the girls-only club · The super-huge importance of sticking your hand down your pants · The straight girl's starter kit -- from nail clippers to cocktails to get her in the mood · ""Gettin' Some 101"" -- positions, techniques, and instructional photos · ""And Boy Makes Three!"" -- how to have a threesome that's fun for all · Suggestions for further viewing and reading and much, much more Packed with expertly toned advice that is at once laugh-out-loud hilarious and fundamentally practical, The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks is ideal for any woman looking to spice things up with a boyfriend, break the ice with a best friend, or simply add a few just-in-case items to her sexual menu.

Journal Entry 2 by jenm at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 29, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (8/29/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Put this in the Hard to Wild Release bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by guinaveve from Mason, Ohio USA on Thursday, December 01, 2005
Recieved in the "Hard to Wild Release" bookbox, looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by guinaveve from Mason, Ohio USA on Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Interesting, graphic, and definately an instruction manual sort of book. In the intro the author says she intended to make this a funny coffee table conversation piece sort of book. While it is not dry, it is very instructional rather than amusing.
I don't know where in the world I would wild release this, so I guess I will offer it up on the wish list forum.

Journal Entry 5 by guinaveve from Mason, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 16, 2006
I have turned this into a small bookray. Here are the participants:
chubsiewhubsie (OH)
mrsordonez (Missouri, ship anywhere)
libertine101 (Australia)

Released 13 yrs ago (2/21/2006 UTC) at Fellow BookCrosser in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

I mailed this out today. I used the machine instead of going to the window because the line was out the door. I didn't have the option of using media mail, so this went first class. Shame on me for being too lazy to wait and save some change.

Journal Entry 7 by chubsiewhubsie from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 23, 2006
I thought that this book was a funny book as in light humor.
It is a: How to give good sex to a girl if your a girl manual.
This book has a bit of shock value in it.
I laughed my butt off on a few choice parts.
I learned a bit about girl stuff too.
Okay so....
A few highlights of interest:
The diagram on page 28 called Female Business, Frontal view.
Nice...know your hamster.
Page 50...Pamela age 29 has a Sharpie marker trick. Does Sanford a division of Rubbermaid know this trick? Note to self: never borrow a Fat pen from a stranger.
Page 150...That poor rubber duckie. I will never watch Sesame street the same again.
BTW~
Barbie like dolls are props in this book.
I thought I was progressive when I made Ken kiss Barbie all the time.
This book was a quick read. Easy sections, short chapters. Not a book I would keep myself but nice to share with a friend.
Thank you guinaveve for sharing off to mrsordonez ASAP.

Journal Entry 8 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Friday, March 03, 2006
Oh, I really wanted to read this, thanks for including me! I promise to be quick about the turn around, I'm sure it won't be hard as I was really interested in it. You're the best!

ETA: Still reading as of 5/30/06. I thought this was going to be a quicker read, but I'm having trouble reading it at work without "getting caught"... I don't even want to "go there" with my coworkers, I don't really get along with them. I am over 1/2 way done now. Sorry for the delay, I do have libertine's address and will send out upon finishing. Thanks for your patience!

Journal Entry 9 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Monday, July 31, 2006
Was finally able to finish and mail this! Sorry for the delay, will update with my thoughts later, didn't want to keep you waiting about mailing it...

Journal Entry 10 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Ok, so this book was *very* provocative. I had a hard time reading it while I was out, partly because when I got to the Barbie pictures, I was afraid that people would be looking over my shoulder (she's reading what at the YMCA?) and partly because of the things it made me imagine while I was out. I admit I had to put it down sometimes before it got too steamy... I didn't feel that the writing was exceptional, and the book did seem sort of thrown together, but overall I guess I'd categorize it as "erotically cute" if there is such a thing. I definitely enjoyed it, and would recommend it. It's already travelling to AUS, I posted it yesterday. Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Monday, October 09, 2006
I'm a bit worried about this book, it was sent slow-boat, "surface mail" however 10 weeks is a long time. Will PM recipient to see if it ever arrived.

Journal Entry 12 by libertine101 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Monday, October 30, 2006
It has arrived! :) Thaks for sending!
Well, I knew exactly what I was getting into when I put my hand up for this book. hehe..
I'm bi, but not widely experienced, so I hope this book will give me some ideas and pointers. :)

Journal Entry 13 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, January 31, 2016
It has taken me waaaaay too long to read and journal this book. This is what happens when you have too many books and a fulltime job. Anyways...
Written in a casual and moderately amusing manner, I found this book easy to read, informative and entertaining. It could have done with better illustrations and graphics. Also, it is a little dated with its information about sex toys, websites, etc. Otherwise, a good introduction for beginners.

Journal Entry 14 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, June 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/12/2016 UTC) at Perth City, Western Australia Australia