Arabella - Bath Tangle - The Nonesuch (Three Georgette Heyer novels in one volume)

by Georgette Heyer | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by PDB11 of Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on 7/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, July 01, 2005
I got this a couple of years ago, to upgrade some of my Heyer collection to hardback. But I prefer to have separate books rather than omnibuses, so this had better go bookcrossing...

It had not occurred to me before, though - I have long thought that Arabella should meet Sir Waldo, and here they are in the same book, albeit in the first and last novels!

Journal Entry 2 by PDB11 at on Friday, July 01, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (7/1/2005 UTC) at

Journal Entry 3 by kittiwake on Sunday, July 03, 2005
Picked up at the Unconvention.

Journal Entry 4 by kittiwake on Friday, October 07, 2005
As a child I read two Georgette Heyer novels of my mother's. They were "The Unknown Ajax" and "The Nonesuch", so it was good to catch up with Waldo and the other characters after all these years : )

Released 13 yrs ago (10/8/2005 UTC) at Sheffield Meet @ The Showroom in Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released at the Sheffield Book Crossing meet-up at the Showroom Bar.

We'll be taking over a couple of the black leather sofas, so come and see us there. Child-friendly venue.

Journal Entry 6 by kittiwake on Saturday, October 08, 2005
As no-one at the Sheffield meeting wanted this book, I brought it home with me again. To be released at another meeting.

Edit: To be released at the Birmingham meet on Saturday 26th November - at about 2 pm.

Journal Entry 7 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 2005
I picked this up at the Birmingham meet this afternoon. I've never read any Georgette Heyer and am intrigued!

Journal Entry 8 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 04, 2006
I really enjoyed this book, to my surprise. I was dubious when Georgette Heyer was described to me as a romance writer, but these stories were much funnier and more interesting and intelligent than I was anticipating. The book provided a very welcome distraction during the pain and misery of prolonged exam revision. I have now lent it to my sister, hoping that she will release it into the wild.