The Elegant Gathering of White Snows

Registered by alsgal of Lewes, Delaware USA on 6/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by alsgal from Lewes, Delaware USA on Thursday, June 30, 2005
Received via PaperBackSwap.com.

From Booklist:
When eight women in rural Wisconsin take off in the middle of the night for a journey of the heart, it touches women everywhere. The walking women are different ages and of diverse backgrounds, yet their friendship and unwavering mutual support have forged an immutable bond. They start their walk as support for Susan, who is facing an unwanted pregnancy, but all are walking for their own lost loves and lost dreams. As they walk, they talk about their lives, and the pain of the past is shed. The media picks up the news of their perambulation, and soon they become a national sensation that starts other women thinking about their lives, resulting in positive changes all over the country. The women are unaware of their influence, and their small community protects their privacy, so they can proceed without the intrusion of the outside world. A rallying cry for the empowerment of women, Radish's novel is also a celebration of the strong bond that exists between female friends.

Journal Entry 2 by alsgal from Lewes, Delaware USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I'm not really sure how Ifeel about this book. Sometimes I loved it, sometimes I was bored with it. Overall, not a bad read. There were several places that typos and inconsistencies really bugged me but I got past it.

Sending off to FranciJo to include in catsalive's Mbag.

Journal Entry 3 by FranciJo from Waco, Texas USA on Saturday, March 10, 2007
Adding to catsalive's M-bag!

Journal Entry 4 by FranciJo at on Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (5/1/2007 UTC) at

On its way to Australia! Happy travels!

Journal Entry 5 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, July 16, 2007
Yeyy! Thanks alsgal.

Journal Entry 6 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, February 06, 2008
It was a bit too self-indulgent for me, but parts of it were enjoyable. It's nice that it took something as simple as a walk to help them find resolutions.

Journal Entry 7 by catsalive at YBS in On BookObsessed, A swap -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/4/2008 UTC) at YBS in On BookObsessed, A swap -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Aceofhearts in Canada for the February YBS.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 30, 2008
received in the mail today! Thanks!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 27, 2008
All of a sudden eight women in rural Wisconsin decide to go walking. It is a journey of the heart and touches women from everywhere. Each of the women walking is of a different age and from a different background. There are women who have lost children, women who have been raped, women with mental diseases and women lost from their families and their own dreams. They are walking and finding themselves. As they walk the whole of 'women hood' gets behind them and is empowered. Further this empowers several women who hear about them to follow their own dreams.

What a load of .... I did finish this book but found it to be poorly written and even more poorly edited. First the premise of the story just didn't grab me and as I progressed further into the book it became even more unbelievable. There seemed to be a lot of extraneous drivel unnecessary to the story. I, at first thought, I just didn't get it but as I continued felt even the author didn't get it

Journal Entry 10 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 15, 2008
I will be sending this to my Boxing Day partner tomorrow.

Journal Entry 11 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, December 28, 2008
This has arrives safely! Thanks so much!