Husbands

by Adele Parks | Women's Fiction |
Registered by ScottishHoosier on 6/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ScottishHoosier on Thursday, June 30, 2005
I've already read one of Adele Parks' books on the recommendation of nice-cup-of-tea (and borrowed it from her, too!), so when I saw this at a good price at Tesco, I decided to pick it up.

Once I'm finished it, I'll return the favor and lend it to nice-cup.

Journal Entry 2 by ScottishHoosier on Saturday, July 30, 2005
Bella has had a hard life, but she met wonderful Philip who rescued her from it and married her. He works in the city and has loads of money, allowing Bella to quit working until she figures out what she wants to do and to spend sinful amounts on her clothing.

Her friend Laura is from Australia and is a single mom. She was in a terrible state for the longest time when her (now ex-)husband left her. She met Bella, who took her under her wing and helped her win back her self-confidence. Then Laura met this wonderful guy busking in the Underground, doing an Elvis impersonation. Another friend looks up the guy's next proper appearance and gets Bella to take Laura to the performance. Bella gets the shock of her life when she sees her husband is the Elvis impersonator. Not Philip. Her other husband, Stevie. Whom she dumped without warning eight years earlier. She never bothered getting a divorce, so her current marriage isn't really legal. She quickly disappears, leaving Laura alone.

Laura and Stevie fall for each other. Big time. Bella starts looking for a way out.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first try to deceive."

I'm going to see if nice-cup-of-tea is ready for this one.

Journal Entry 3 by ScottishHoosier on Thursday, August 04, 2005
Taking it to the post office this morning to send to nice-cup-of-tea. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, August 09, 2005
received in the post today from the lovely scootishhoosier - thank you! Thanks also for the lovely picture of Crathes Castle :-)

Review to follow....

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea at Brownsover Hall Hotel in Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (8/12/2005 UTC) at Brownsover Hall Hotel in Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom

Somewhere at the Wedding Reception

I'm releasing the book to celebrate my brother's wedding on August 12th 2005. Chris is marrying Jenn - congratulations to you both and I wish you a long and happy life together!