A Wrinkle in Time

by Madeleine L'Engle | Children's Books |
Registered by KissingMandy of Pevely, Missouri USA on 6/27/2005
Journal Entry 1 by KissingMandy from Pevely, Missouri USA on Monday, June 27, 2005
I loved this story! Madeleine L'Engle does an incredible job of portraying the struggle of Christian faiths everywhere in a nonthreatening way. Her characters are endearing, the plot is exciting and the story is magical. I love how she wrote Meg. In many ways I feel like Meg sometimes. If only I could do math like she does!

I'm sending this book off! Happy reading!

Sent to a school for kids to read.

Journal Entry 3 by Blackcats-Books from Herculaneum, Missouri USA on Friday, September 9, 2005
Thanks! We loved reading this last year! Can't wait to read it again!

Journal Entry 4 by Skylerdragon from Parkville, Missouri USA on Saturday, September 2, 2006
My students and I loved reading this! It was a fantastic choice for our collection and we now have a classroom set of the book.

We are sending this one on to Lynzee who has neurofibromatosis type 1. She is 14 and lives in Indianapolis Indiana. Her dad's name is Matthew! She was featured on Make a Child Smile for August 2006. I hope she likes the story.

I have to admit this is really one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I keep registering and releasing it because it really is an incredible story. Every child should read this book. I really should read the rest of the series too. Fantastic stuff. Listed below are my other journal entries:

here, and
here.

Journal Entry 5 by Skylerdragon at Herculaneum Post Office On Truman Blvd in Herculaneum, Missouri USA on Saturday, September 2, 2006

Dearest Lynzee
Hi! My name is Matthew! I am a middle school language arts teacher. Chances are, if you attended school in our district you would be a student in my class. I really love teenagers and have enjoyed working with them for the past 8 years. I teach in a poor district in a county south of St. Louis. Many of my students have family, financial, social and learning problems. Many of them have some medical problems too, but not many of them have your courage and spirit.
I don’t personally know you. I can’t help but think that I am missing out on an amazing friend. Your mother says you inspire her. Teenagers like you are the reason I teach. Every day I wake up and think to myself how lucky I am to work with such amazing people. You are one of those amazing people.
I am enclosing a few items I hope you enjoy. I don’t know all your interests and I don’t know everything you like to read, but I do know that I am excited to share these things with you. I hope you continue to inspire your family and friends. I know that your medical problems are difficult and I cannot even begin to imagine how brave you are to face them. Just know that not only are you inspiring your mother, but you are inspiring so many people. You are an inspiration to us all. You are also living proof that God loves us and the miracle of you is a gift to the rest of us. Thank you!

With all my love and prayers,

Journal Entry 6 by StephaniesHouse from Bremerton, Washington USA on Saturday, March 17, 2007
Oh this is one of the best books I have ever read! Thank you for sending it my way! I love it. I will reread and release it very soon! Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by StephaniesHouse at Bremerton, Washington USA on Sunday, December 18, 2011
I loved this book when i read it. It combines fantasy and amazing writing into one book. I loved how Meg went to save her brother and father. This book is really truly amazing. When I review a book on Amazon that I love, I like to look at the one star review and read why people did not like that certain book. I did the same with this book and learned that a lot of kids under the age of 13 were reading this book, and not enjoying it. They either said that they didn't understand it, and therefore it was boring, or that people can really tesser to another planet. If you do not understand a book, then you should put it down and read it a few years later. Those who stated that no one can really tesser to another planet or place are right, you can't, but this story is fiction, meaning it is not real.

Journal Entry 8 by StephaniesHouse at Bremerton, Washington USA on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (12/18/2011 UTC) at Bremerton, Washington USA

Passed along to another book crosser in a vbb.