The Passion

by Jeanette Winterson | Other |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 7/5/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Set during the tumultuous years of the Napoleonic Wars, "The Passion" interwines the desitinies of two remarkable people: Henri, a simple French soldier, who follows Napoleon from glory to Russian ruin; and Villanelle, the red-haried, web-fotted daughter of a Venetian boatman, whose husband has gambled awy her heart. In Venice's compound of carnival, chance, and darkness, the pair meet their singular destiny.

In her unique and mesmerizing voice, Winterson blends reality with fantasy, dream, and imagination to weave a hypnotic tale with stunning effects.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, September 23, 2005
My 3rd anniversary drawing winner. Reserved for Ceili

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2005
This wasn't what I thought it would be. Going to Ceili

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at U.S. Postal Mail in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (10/1/2005 UTC) at U.S. Postal Mail in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

by US MAIL for one of my birthday celebration winner.

Journal Entry 5 by Ceili from Baldwinsville, New York USA on Friday, October 14, 2005
Thank you, booklady331!

March 5, 2006: Like booklady331, this book was not quite what I expected. That is not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did. I am not one to write book reviews but I will say that there were certain passages in this book that put into words some things I have felt but didn't have the words to describe. I will miss discovering them.

Journal Entry 6 by Ceili from Baldwinsville, New York USA on Friday, March 24, 2006
Sending tomorrow, March 25,2006 to Luintaurien

Journal Entry 7 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Got it today. Thank you. Will reads and send on ASAP.