High Five (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 6/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 25, 2005
This is book 5 in the number series by Janet Evanovich.

From Chapters:
In her fifth high-octane thriller, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum sets out to find her missing uncle-- and along the way smacks slam-bang into: a dead body, a nasty bookie, her stun-gun-toting grandmother, two very sexy men, an angry little man who won't leave her apartment, and a Mafia wedding...
Jersey's favorite bounty hunter has never been better! With high hair, street smarts and plenty of attitude, Steph's sure to nail this case-- or risk life and spandex-clad limb trying...

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 12, 2009
Stephanie Plum and the crazy cast of characters are back in the fifth book of this fun series. This time, it seems that Stephanie's uncle has disappeared, after fighting with the garbage company for a lousy $2. Since there are no big catches to make as a bail enforcer, Stephanie sets out to find where Uncle Fred has gone to, for lack of something more interesting to do. Soon she realizes that she's being followed during her investigations. Bunchy introduces himself as a bookie, but Stephanie knows better.

As with every book in this series, the banter between the character is what makes it so enjoyable. I'm starting to wonder if Stephanie and Joe are ever going to commit to each other, though I suppose there would be less teasing and frustration if this were to happen, which could detract from the book.

I recommend starting this series from book one, as you'll get a better understanding of the character's backgrounds. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 17, 2009
This book is with me now

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 25, 2009
Stephanie Plum doesn't have much bounty work to do so she tries to find her uncle who went missing after going to the garbage company to complain about $2. Soon she find herself being followed and a lot of cars being destroyed.

This is an amusing series and this book (5) still delivers. Stephanie, this time, is hired by Ranger to do some work which in her inevitable way never seems to quite get done as the reader would expect.

Two deliciously sexy men, attitude from Stephanie, a family as crazy as your own, what more can a reader want. Looking forward to six.

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Back with me.

Journal Entry 6 by rockyhorror1978 from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 10, 2010
Grabbed today at the bookcrossing meetup. I'm a bit late into the series, but still looking forward to reading more! Thanks Hoserlauren for thinking of me!