Fugitive Pieces

by Anne Michaels | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Herschelian of Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on 6/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Herschelian from Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on Saturday, June 25, 2005
An amazing book, thoughtful and poignant.
Given to me to release at "The Writer" on Hampstead Heath on 26th June 2005.

Released 13 yrs ago (6/26/2005 UTC) at Hampstead Heath, "The Writer" sculpture in Hampstead, Greater London United Kingdom

Released to fellow BookCrosser Inkognitoh as we were watching other wild releases being caught!

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 26, 2005
*Winner of the Orange Prize 1997*
*Winner of the Guardian Fiction Award 1997*

I simply couldn't resist snapping up this book as I've been meaning to read it for a while now. Thanks for bringing it along Herschelian and thanks for arranging a smashing day out at the Heath. The picnic, the weather and company were all fab.

Journal Entry 4 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
This book was hypnotic, engaging and thoroughly heart-breaking. The quiet pain and torment of the characters permeated the page and seeped into my consciousness as I read. Such an easy read for such an all encompassing 'big' novel. I regret that it took me so long to get around to reading it.

Taking this copy to Zanzibar to release so this note will serve as release notes incase it gets caught and journalled before I return.

Journal Entry 5 by inkognitoh at Flame Tree Cottages in Nungwi, Zanzibar North Tanzania on Monday, November 08, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/8/2010 UTC) at Flame Tree Cottages in Nungwi, Zanzibar North Tanzania

I left this in the book swap shelf at the most fabulous Flame Tree Cottages on Nungwi beach after a glorious ten days lazing around Zanzibar. I left my heart alongside this book on the shelf it has to be said.