Devil Wears Prada, The

by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by editorgrrl of New Haven, Connecticut USA on 6/21/2005
Journal Entry 1 by editorgrrl from New Haven, Connecticut USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Trade paperback received in the mail from nearby Manchester, Connecticut, USA, through TitleTrader. Smart, funny -- I loved this book. (I'm a huge fan of books about editorial assistants, and this one has fashion, too. Even better.)

From Publishers Weekly
Most recent college grads know they have to start at the bottom and work their way up. But not many picture themselves having to pick up their boss's dry cleaning, deliver them hot lattes, land them copies of the newest Harry Potter book before it hits stores and screen potential nannies for their children. Charmingly unfashionable Andrea Sachs, upon graduating from Brown, finds herself in this precarious position: she's an assistant to the most revered-and hated-woman in fashion, Runway editor-in-chief Miranda Priestly. The self-described "biggest fashion loser to ever hit the scene," Andy takes the job hoping to land at the New Yorker after a year. As the "lowest-paid-but-most-highly-perked assistant in the free world," she soon learns her Nine West loafers won't cut it—everyone wears Jimmy Choos or Manolos—and that the four years she spent memorizing poems and examining prose will not help her in her new role of "finding, fetching, or faxing" whatever the diabolical Miranda wants, immediately. Life is pretty grim for Andy, but Weisberger, whose stint as Anna Wintour's assistant at Vogue couldn't possibly have anything to do with the novel's inspiration, infuses the narrative with plenty of dead-on assessments of fashion's frivolity and realistic, funny portrayals of life as a peon. Andy's mishaps will undoubtedly elicit laughter from readers, and the story's even got a virtuous little moral at its heart. Weisberger has penned a comic novel that manages to rise to the upper echelons of the chick-lit genre.

I'm using this book to restart LaughAtlantis's Chicklit Bookbox 2, which was supposed to restart LaughAtlantis's stalled Chick Lit Bookbox. Unfortunately, my 1st box stalled with the v. first person.

Journal Entry 3 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, January 28, 2006
Pulled from the chick lit bookbox. I'd been on a bookray for this one, but it's been stalled for quite some time. Very happy to find this book in the box!

Journal Entry 4 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 06, 2006
This was a fantastic book. The stress emanates from the pages - I had to stop reading this one before I went to sleep because I got too keyed up and couldn't fall asleep! Although stressful, it was a fun read, and made me really thankful for the great, laid-back job I have.

Journal Entry 5 by Morgail at RABCK in to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 06, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (3/6/2006 UTC) at RABCK in to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases

Image hosting by Photobucket Releasing as part of Guinavere's Keep Them Moving Challenge 2006 - this is release #3.

Sending this one to GuinevereII for her BX presentation.

Journal Entry 6 by GuinevereII from Bronx, New York USA on Monday, March 20, 2006
Thanks so much Morgail for the great RABCKs! Hopefully BookCrossing will be a hit at my Knight Court next week. :)

Journal Entry 7 by GuinevereII at Fordham University in Bronx, New York USA on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (3/28/2006 UTC) at Fordham University in Bronx, New York USA

Queen's Court, Bishop's Lounge. I'm creating a temporary little BookCrossing Zone for my Knight Court on Tuesday night.

Journal Entry 8 by Alilynn from Jamesport, New York USA on Sunday, June 11, 2006
My friend did a presentation that included a talk about bookcrossing.com... the rest is history... i took a few books and this is one I picked out... I highly recommend it... a great beach read! Very relatable to sooo many.

CAUGHT IN BRONX NY USA