The Desperate Remedy: Henry Gresham and the Gunpowder Plot

by Martin Stephen | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by AnglersRest of Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on 6/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, June 18, 2005
This book is set in London at the time of the Gunpowder Plot and follows the hero, Henry Gresham, as he follows a trail of conspiracy as dangerous and unpredictable as the gunpowder it leads to.....

This book was a bargain, 50p in the WH Smiths sale, it just had to be bought!!

Journal Entry 2 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, December 30, 2007
Reserved for release in London during the Convention in April 2008.

Journal Entry 3 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 19, 2008
'Caught' on the book buffet at the London Convention at Imperial College.

This one is being added to my enormous TBR pile, so it may not see the light of day again for some time...

Journal Entry 4 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, May 17, 2008
A thumping good mystery, with a hero to-die-for, and an evil, but very human h medieval plot and laced with a subtle love story. Okay, so it's not great literature, but it is a very satisfying read. I really enjoy books set in London in times gone past - it's quite eerie to think of Sir Henry Gresham's house being on the Strand, and then picturing the Strand today.

Journal Entry 5 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 01, 2009
I loved this book so much I couldn't let it go (I'm a bad bookcrosser). But I finally got my own copy, so this one is off on its travels being a bookcrossing book again.