A Is for Alibi

ISBN: 033031582x Global Overview for this book
Registered by YowlYY on 6/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by YowlYY on Saturday, June 18, 2005
FROM THE PUBLISHER
When Laurence Fife was murdered, few mourned his passing. A prominent divorce attorney with a reputation for single-minded ruthlessness on behalf of his clients, Fife was also rumored to be a dedicated philanderer. Plenty of people in the picturesque southern California town of Santa Teresa had a reason to want him dead. Including, thought the cops, his young and beautiful wife, Nikki. With motive, access, and opportunity, Nikki was their number-one suspect. The jury thought so, too.

Eight years later and out on parole, Niki Fife hires Kinsey Millhone to find out who really killed her late husband.

A trail that is eight years cold. A trail that reaches out to enfold a bitter, wealthy, and foul-mouthed old woman and a young boy, born deaf, whose memory cannot be trusted. A trail that leads to a lawyer defensively loyal to a dead partner--and disarmingly attractive to Millhone; to an ex-wife, brave, lucid, lovely--and still angry over Fife's betrayal of her; to a not-so-young secretary with too high a salary for too few skills--and too many debts left owing: The trail twists to include them all, with Millhone following every turn until it finally twists back on itself and she finds herself face-to-face with a killer cunning enough to get away with murder.

Journal Entry 2 by YowlYY on Saturday, June 25, 2005
Reserved for biber, another mystery fan :)

Journal Entry 3 by YowlYY on Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I think biber has gone off mystery stories recently, so I shall read and release it.

Journal Entry 4 by YowlYY on Thursday, April 26, 2007
The first of the alphabet series starts ok, but nothing too exciting. Is it just me or there are a few similarities with Stephanie Plum, the bounty hunter? What is with women doing detective work and their love for junk food...hmmm!
I found out about the perpetrator midway through the story, but still there were enough elements to keep me entertained until the end. I have B and C too, which I will be reading in between rings and rays. I do look forward to learning more about this particular detective lady!

Journal Entry 5 by YowlYY at The Bean in Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 05, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (5/5/2007 UTC) at The Bean in Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

At the meetup.

Journal Entry 6 by Azi-muth on Saturday, May 05, 2007
I picked this up at the Bean in Beeston at our meet this afternoon.

Journal Entry 7 by Azi-muth on Wednesday, June 20, 2007
I read this while on away at the weekend, but unfortunately didn't finish it until the journey home, and passed it on to the friend I travelled with. It was a decent read although nothing spectacular.