Fast Women

Registered by Bunnybee of Amarillo, Texas USA on 6/11/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Saturday, June 11, 2005
From the back cover:
WHEN A DOWN-ON-HER-LUCK DIVORCEE~
Nell Dysart's in trouble. Weighed down by an in explicable divorce and a loss of appetite for everything, Nell is sleepwalking through life until her best friends finagles a job for her with a shabby little detective agency that has lots of potential and a boss who looks easy to manage.

~MEETS A DETERMINED-TO-DOMINATE DETECTIVE~
Gabe McKenna isn't doing too well, either. His detective agency is wasting time on a blackmail case, his partner has decided he hates watching cheating spouses for money, and his ex-wife has just dumped him... again. The only thing that's going his way is that his new secretary looks efficient, boring, and biddable.

~THEY FIND OUT THAT FALLING IN LOVE CAN BE MURDER...
But looks can be deceiving and soon Nell and Gabe are squaring off over embezzlement, business cards, vandalism, dog-napping, blackmail, Chinese food, unprofessional sex, and really ugly office furniture, all of which turn out to be the least of their problems. Because soon, somebody starts killing people. And shortly after that, they start falling in love...
------------------------------------------

Paperback found in a used book store, might be using it to replace one of my own bookrings that has gone MIA (possibly). I still need to read it myself!

Journal Entry 2 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Saturday, December 03, 2005
Finally I have the chance to read this book! I'm almost finished, and will get this bookring going again- and make it into a BOOKRAY, with the following list continuing:

1. Sherri5762 (Texas, USA)
2. Prov1634 (Oregon, USA)

Thank you for your patience, dear readers! Hopefully you'll finally get a chance to read this now, too!

Journal Entry 3 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Monday, December 05, 2005
Interesting read! It wasn't as "fluffy" as I expected, where it was like all the other romantic mysteries I've read lately. The plot wasn't all about love and sex between the characters, but more about the mystery. Caught me off guard, but by the time I got into the book, I think I liked it better that way! It took me a bit to get into the book at the start, because there was so many names and trying to remember how this person was linked to that person and also linked to that other person... but it is important for the mystery to have the different people figured out and to try to see who would have a motive for what. Although I did like the story, there was still something about it that I didn't like, and I still can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I just didn't find myself relating personally to any of the characters like I usually find myself doing in other Jennifer Crusie books.

Anyway, the book was mailed off today to Sherri5762!

Journal Entry 4 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2005
I actually received this about 4 days ago, but forgot to journal it. I'm reading it and will try to pass it on asap! Thanks Bunnybee!

Journal Entry 5 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Monday, December 26, 2005
This was a good read! In some ways your typical romance novel (couple meets, fights, doesn't realize they are in love, break up, get back together for good), but in others it was fresh and fun. There was more than one story line, and a murder mystery thrown in. Independent women and women realizing they needed to be independent. I liked it.

This book is now available for trade or RABCK.