Steam Driven Boy

by John Thomas Sladek | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by natecull of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 6/11/2005
Journal Entry 1 by natecull from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, June 11, 2005
New Angles on the Universe!

John Sladek is one of the most intelligent and versatile science fiction writers working today. With sharp insight and wicked humour he opens his readers' minds to new angles on space, time, machines and men. In this brilliantly entertaining collection you will encounter galactic spies, nightmarishly benevolent computers, some extremely peculiar aliens, offbeat time machines - not forgetting, of course, the Steam-Driven Boy itself...

In addition, John Sladek has included ten masterly parodies of the work of such all-time SF greats as Iclick As-i-move, Hitler I. E. Bonner, Barry DuBray, Carl Truhacker, Chipdip K. Kill and several others. Read them - and experience a new high in outrage!

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, October 29, 2005
Picked up at this morning's meetup.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 25, 2006
This has been sitting on Mt TBR for too long, and I'm obviously never going to read it, so given to Sherlockfan for the NZBC convention, Wellington, February 16-18 2007.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by BCNZCONV on Friday, December 01, 2006
Received from FutureCat for the Convention.
To join the growing pile.

Journal Entry 5 by littlevoice from Epping, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Picked up at the Wellington convention and added to Mount TBR. If it's science fiction, I will pick it up.

Journal Entry 6 by littlevoice from Epping, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Finished reading 24 September 2007. Id didn't appeal to me - most of it went over my head. Or under it. I'm not sure which.

Journal Entry 7 by littlevoice at Dreamworld in Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (9/24/2007 UTC) at Dreamworld in Gold Coast, Queensland Australia

On seat in Wiggles World