Acqua Alta

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0142004960 Global Overview for this book
Registered by juni623 of Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on 6/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Friday, June 10, 2005
Looking forward to this...

This is my first experience with author Donna Leon, jumping into her 5th book in the series featuring Commissario Guido Brunetti. The story revolves around the art theft and lust for art aquisition as Brunetti is brought in to investigate after a friend is assulted, and the murders of those she worked with come to light.

With Venice as a background - and it's seasonal weather contributing to the story as well as the title - I enjoyed the story, characters, and backdrop.

I will be in search of other books in the series.

Journal Entry 2 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, March 07, 2006
to be sent to FSR44

Journal Entry 3 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Monday, March 27, 2006
At long last, this is en route to FSR44. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfsr44wing from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Friday, March 31, 2006
Received yesterday. And as luck would have it, I've gotten my hands on another Brunetti myster to send to you. So unless I hear from you to the contrary, I'll use the return address on your envelope to send you Leon's "Friends in High Places".

Journal Entry 5 by wingfsr44wing from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Not the best of Leon's series, but still a wonderful little trip to Venice.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfsr44wing from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Thursday, August 24, 2006
Sending to bumma for her birthday, along with best wishes for many happy returns of the day.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbummawing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 20, 2006
received from fsr as part of the fabulous celebration of my 85th birthday.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbummawing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 11, 2006
My first reading about Guido Brunetti and i'm hooked must find others of the series.

Journal Entry 9 by MartiP on Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Nabbed at the meetup last weekend. I love Inspector Brunetti, and hadn't read this one yet. Thanks!