The Pupil

by Caro Fraser | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by S-Devon-College of Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom on 6/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by S-Devon-College from Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 08, 2005
I read a copy of this which I subsequently released on the LinC OBCZ, from where it's since been caught - so i was very pleased to find another copy for Nice Cup Of Tea.
Here's my original journal entry:
Book Description
This is a novel about rivalry at work between Anthony Cross -poor but brilliantly clever, and Edward Choke -rich but thick as two short planks. Only one of these men can be awarded the coveted tenancy at the end of their pupillage..funny & touching.
I found this story particularly interesting because my sis-in-law went thru the bar and experienced first hand the nepotism and snobbery (and misoginism too!) inherent in our legal system.
Put in post today 09.06.05

Journal Entry 2 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 14, 2005
What a lovely surprise! I received "The Pupil" today, courtesy of TutleyMutley and her OBCZ :-) Also got a lovely postcard of TutleyMutley's famous Zebras! Beautiful... Will read & journal, and then will probably release the book at one of the Zurich Teddys (I have just the one in mind...)
Thanks again, this unexpected book has made my day....

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, June 20, 2005
I really enjoyed this story, you're rooting for Anthony all along, and I could definitely sympathise with being a student, having no money and worrying about it all the time!

Will look out for other Caro Fraser books. Thanks for this TutleyMutley. With your permission I'd like to wild release this book onto one of the bears in Zurich? Let me know what you think :-)

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (6/21/2005 UTC) at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Found these cute safari bears, and decided that the zebra theme was sufficient to leave "The Pupil" in their care!

Click here for all the Teddy Releases!

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 21, 2005
And a close up of the Baby Zebra, cos he's just "so" cute :-)