Lost in a Good Book

by Jasper Fforde | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by kiala of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 6/7/2005
Journal Entry 1 by kiala from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005
This book was better than the last one and totally amazing. I will make it a bookring in Finland also, according to the first book's list.

I gave the book to Niksu at a meet-up in Helsinki.

1. Niksu
2. Dotdot
3. Chrisim
4. CandyDarling
n. kiala

Journal Entry 2 by wingNiksuwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Happy happy joy joy again:)! Got this at Helsinki BC-meetup today. Thanks Kiala! Too bad this has to wait for awhile.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNiksuwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 16, 2005
Yet another great Thursday Next novel. It's difficult to write something about this book without giving away how the stories goes. Sometimes confusing but so much fun to read. Thanks again kiala for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by dotdot from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 23, 2005
Thanks, Niksu and Kiala. My courier brought the book to me this afternoon. I think I'll start reading it next week.

Journal Entry 5 by dotdot from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 24, 2005
The first Thursday Next novel took me by surprise. This second one hadn't that advantage on it's side. Perhaps that's why I wasn't so excited on this one. At first. The less SpecOps and the more Jurisfiction, the more I liked this story.

Edit 26.7.2005: The book is on it's way to Tampere.

Journal Entry 6 by chrisim from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Thanks kiala for organizing this ring so soon! And thanks dotdot: the book arrived today.

Journal Entry 7 by chrisim from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, September 09, 2005
Me too liked the Jurisfiction parts the most. So many characters and a little bit confusing events caused more confusion :) (Confusing mainly because with my lacking knowledge of this kind of vocabulary.) The end of the book had the trick, I have to read the third book as well.

I gave the book yesterday to myntti. She will give the book back to kiala in Helsinki meet-up. Have fun!

Journal Entry 8 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 13, 2005
This book was already on it's way back home, but as it was on my wishlist I thought why not join the bookring.

Journal Entry 9 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, July 19, 2006
I have now read the first 3 books in the Thurday Next series, and I have to say Lost In A Good Book is definitely my favorite so far. I love Thurday and Landen, and the appearances by Thursday's dad are hilarious! I liked that there was a clear plot in this book, and the suspense was well built. One of the best aspects of the book was the bookjumping. It was featured way too briefly in the first book, so I loved seeing more of it here.

Journal Entry 10 by kiala from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I got the book back. Thanks all!