Paula

by Isabel Allende | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingBookCrosserwing of Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on 6/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookCrosserwing from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, June 06, 2005
In December 1991, Isabel Allende's daughter Paula, aged 26 fell gravely ill and sank into a coma. This book started as a long letter as a way of giving her back the life that is ebbing away.

I found part one of the book gripping, much better than the secon part.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookCrosserwing at on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (6/26/2005 UTC) at

At the meeting in Castricum I will give it to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 3 by TinyBear from not specified, not specified not specified on Friday, July 01, 2005
caught in my very very special castricum bookbox, made for me by dettie...on the mount TBR!

Journal Entry 4 by TinyBear from not specified, not specified not specified on Friday, July 29, 2005
Thanks Bookcrosser for sharing this book with me. I've really enjoyed another book from the hands of Isabel Allende.

I didn't know it was about her daughter, it added a lot to the 'story' since I like to read about peoples lives! Going from page through page I went through Isabel's live and that of her family and friends, and before I knew it...I'd reached the last page of the book. Every book that captivates me in such a way that I do not know how long i've been reading...and really don't want to put down...is in my humble option...a fantastic book. So is this one!

The House of the Spirits was the first book I've read of he hands, this the second one...and I'm looking forward to getting more books of Isabel Allende in my possession!