Fatal Remedies

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by nocton4 of Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on 6/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by nocton4 from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 6, 2005
PICKED UP TODAY AT A CHARITY SHOP, THOUGHT I HADN'T READ THIS ONE ( LOVE DONNA LEON BOOKS ) BUT AS USUALLY HAPPENS - I'VE READ IT ....TYPICAL !!!

It began with an early morning phone call. A sudden act of vandalism had just been committed in the chill Venetian dawn. But Commissario Guido Brunetti soons find out that the perpetrator is no petty criminal.For the culprit waiting to be apprehended at the scene of the crime is none other than Paola Brunetti, his wife.

DENISE

Journal Entry 2 by nocton4 from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2005
I love Donna Leon books, the characters are very real to me, the descriptions of living in Venice are fantastic .. feel like I've been there ( haven't ofcourse )
The crimes / mysteries are great.
Going to share the suspense of this novel with my first Book Ray offered up on BCUK ..
Here goes .. wish me luck !!
Denise x

Journal Entry 3 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 4, 2005
Received in the post today - thanks! I'll add it to Mt Toobie and hope it doesn't take too long to get to! (I hope no-one else is waiting for it - the message that came with it suggests not...)

Journal Entry 4 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 24, 2006
This was slightly different to most of the books that I usually read. The imagery used was amazing - it really brought the place to life, and made the story seem much more tangible than usual.

The fact that many of the characters had very similar names was slightly confusing, but that was probably made worse by me reading the book over a relatively long period of time in my lunchbreaks at work and random snippets at home. Having said that, I think I managed to keep track of who the main players were, even though the focus of the plot seemed to shift half-way through the book. It was like a cross between a red herring, and the author deciding halfway through that she didn't like where the story was going so she changed it!

Thank you for sharing this with me, Denise, and I'll try to share it with at least another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by katie1980 at The Cherry Tree OBCZ in Steventon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 17, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (3/18/2006 UTC) at The Cherry Tree OBCZ in Steventon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking to the meet tomorrow...
:o)

Journal Entry 6 by dogsapples from Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria United Kingdom on Sunday, March 19, 2006
taken at the cherry tree meet - thank you Katie1980 - looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 7 by dogsapples from Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria United Kingdom on Thursday, April 20, 2006
Another excellent story from Donna Leon, with the extra twist of the involvement of Brunetti's wife. The ending was fairly predictable but it was excitingly written and I enjoyed it nevertheless. Thanks to nocton4 for releasing it.

Am going to Manchester tomorrow so plan to wild release it there.

Actually released on 21 April to someone I met at a party and who showed an interest in bookcrossing.