No One to Trust

by Iris Johansen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Pyan of Menasha, Wisconsin USA on 6/4/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Pyan from Menasha, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, June 4, 2005
Fast paced with vivid characters. The dialogue is crisp and clever.

Booklist Review
Murder, mayhem, and one psychotic drug lord leave Elena Kyler and her young son, Barry, in the extremely capable hands of Sean Galen, a mercenary operative from the Body of Lies.

Sean becomes involved with Elena at the behest of the DEA and Logan, a wealthy entrepreneur (and recurring character). Sean engineers a complicated rescue of the young but far from innocent mother from Colombia, followed by her conveyance to California.

Elena, who has been trained to survive in the jungles of Colombia by her mercenary father, is willing to become bait in order to trap drug lord Chavez, who raped her and now wants custody of her son. She wants Chavez dead, preferably by her own hand, but things get out of hand at the DEA safe house, and Elena has no one to turn to but Galen. He recognizes her as a kindred soul, but they don't know whom else they can trust because Chavez controls an extensive drug empire, and has enormous wealth at his disposal.

What with its taut plot and complex characters, this is vintage, fan-pleasing Johansen.

Journal Entry 2 by Pyan at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 14, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (10/14/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Releasing to "Pyan's Winter Reading Bookbox."

Journal Entry 3 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 8, 2006
I am removing this from Pyan's Winter Reading Bookbox! Thanks!!

Journal Entry 4 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Friday, July 27, 2007
I have always liked this author. I realized that I had already read this book at some time. I am placing it into Tribefan's mystery bookbox!

Journal Entry 5 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Came home in my Mystery Only Bookbox.

An enjoyable book that only took 4 or 5 hours for me to read!

Journal Entry 6 by Tribefan at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 17, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (9/17/2007 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released into my You, Me, He She, It Bookbox!

Journal Entry 7 by Moody-Blue from Montrose, Colorado USA on Saturday, September 29, 2007
My honey wants to read this one. A female sniper as the heroine? I knew he'd jump all over it! I'm sure it has -nothing- to do with the fact that the gal on the cover looks like Linda Hamilton from the Terminator movies! ;)

Journal Entry 8 by wingGrandCanyonOBCZwing from North Rim, Arizona USA on Sunday, October 14, 2007
Never got around to reading it and we're fixing to move. I'm going to pass it to a co-worker who likes murder mysteries.