The Ice Limit

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by CrazyTabasco of Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 6/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CrazyTabasco from Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Book Description
On a desolate island off the southern coast of Chile, an incredible discovery is made: a gigantic meteorite, the largest ever found, entombed in the earth for millions of years. Half a world away, billionaire entrepreneur Palmer Lloyd decides he must have it as the centerpiece of his grandiose new museum. He is willing to pay any price-in dollars and in lives. Getting it back to New York poses a particular challenge: It will be the heaviest object ever moved by humankind...
Fueled by Lloyd's money, an audacious expedition takes shape. Disguising a state-of-the-art ship as a rusted freighter, the expedition secretly heads southward with a fail-safe plan to steal the meteorite from Chile. Leading the group is an inscrutable engineer hired by Lloyd, and a world-famous meteorite hunter whose career was shattered by a controversial theory.
Soon, along the icy rim of Antarctica, in the grip of a frozen hell, the adventurers are confronted with a terrifying enigma about the origin-and nature-of the meteorite. It is a mystery they must solve-if they are to escape with their very lives.
Combining mesmerizing science, unbearable suspense, and great storytelling, Preston and Child once again produce a first-rate thriller that will have readers turning pages as fast they can, toward a shocking conclusion as powerful as the impact of a falling meteorite.

About the Authors
DOUGLAS PRESTON and LINCOLN CHILD are coauthors of the bestselling novels Riptide, Thunderhead, The Relic, Mount Dragon, and Reliquary. Douglas Preston is a regular contributor to The New Yorker and National Geographic, and has ridden on horseback for thousands of miles across the American Southwest, retracing the routes of early explorers and conquistadors. Lincoln Child is a former book editor who has published numerous short-story anthologies.

Book details
Paperback: 491 pages; Publisher: Warner Books (July 2001); ISBN: 0446610232

Journal Entry 2 by CrazyTabasco from Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, August 19, 2005
I started an international BookRay with this book.

BookRay participants:
1. CrazyTabasco (Germany)
2. Jessi626 (Germany)
3. jessicaloveyou (Singapore)
4. darjeeling (Portugal)
5. lisatam (Portugal)
6. Margih (Finland)
7. Free release in the wild!

Released 14 yrs ago (8/22/2005 UTC) at BookRay in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

I'll send the book to Jessi626 at Monday, the 22. August 2005. Enjoy it...

CU... CT

Journal Entry 4 by Jessi626 from Otterberg, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, August 30, 2005
The book arrived today. Thank you!

EDIT October, 10th: I began reading the book at the weekend.

EDIT October, 31th: Sorry, I don't have much time for reading at the moment. I've read about half of the book so far and I like it.

Journal Entry 5 by Jessi626 from Otterberg, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, November 18, 2005
Finally, I finished the book. I liked it very much. The last 200 pages, I couldn't stop reading, it was so exciting. And the ending of the story was surprising and unexpected for me. Very good!

I already asked mariannedeliz for her address, but have no answer yet.

Sent to jessicaloveyou on December, 2nd.

Journal Entry 6 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, January 20, 2006
i have received the book

Journal Entry 7 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, March 10, 2006
i've sent the book to darjeeling

Journal Entry 8 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, March 10, 2006
this book is good but not fantastic.this does not match up to the other books by douglas preston and lincoln child.brimstone is so much better.this book does introduce you to a lot of amazing collector's items but the book is really slow moving.this spoils the whole book.

Journal Entry 9 by darjeeling on Thursday, March 23, 2006
After a long travel, here it is on my hands.

Thank you!!!

P.S.: Since I’m a lit bit busy at the time it’ll, probably, take me more than a moth to read it...

Journal Entry 10 by darjeeling on Monday, April 17, 2006
This was my first book from these authors and quite a good one I must say.
With a totally unexpected end this book is a great “hard to put down” page turner.
The possibility to read authors that in no other way I was going to pick up in a book store is one of the main reasons to be part of the Bookcrossing worldwide family, thank you for sharing!

I’ll try to meet up with lisatam asap, she also has some books for me.

2006/05/02 - waiting for lisatam's reply.

Journal Entry 11 by darjeeling on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
On is way to lisatam!

Journal Entry 12 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, May 18, 2006
The book has just arrived! I will try to be brief. Thanks darjeeling and CrazyTabasco, for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Great story, hard to put down before the end! Opens the "appetite" to read other books from these authors.

Thank you again for sharing.

Book is on its way to Finland, to Margih.

Journal Entry 14 by Margih from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, June 08, 2006
Ice Limit is here, thanks lisatam and CrazyTabasco :) This book looks really an interesting one but I must put it to the TBR pile as there are some ring books and promised-to-another-BXer -books to read first. If there come more participants to this ray, pls, let me know, so I will hurry with the reading. Anyway, the book will find new readers after me.

Journal Entry 15 by Margih at Kauppakeskus Duo (Hervanta) in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, October 31, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (10/31/2019 UTC) at Kauppakeskus Duo (Hervanta) in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Book will he found somewhere at shopping centre Duo...