The Blessing Stone

by Barbara Wood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by CrazyTabasco of Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 6/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CrazyTabasco from Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Book Description
Millions of years ago, a meteorite fell to earth and a beautiful blue stone shattered from it. One hundred thousand years ago, a girl named Tall One found the crystal on the African plain---and it formed her destiny, as well as the destiny of generations to come. From ancient Israel to imperial Rome, medieval England, fifteenth-century Germany, the eighteenth-century Caribbean, and the nineteenth-century American West, the destiny of the stone and the history of the world unfold. Each story is full of the betrayals and obsessions of the human heart, and the quests of the human spirit. In The Blessing Stone, Barbara Wood has both told the intimate details of her characters' lives and created a sense of the epic sweep of human history.

About the Author
Barbara Wood is the internationally bestselling author of eighteen novels. She lives in Riverside, California.

Book details
Paperback: 532 pages; Publisher: St. Martins PaperBacks (2003); ISBN: 0312995024

Journal Entry 2 by CrazyTabasco from Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, August 19, 2005
I started an international BookRay with this book.

BookRay participants:
6. MarJJa-nl (Netherlands)
7. Xeyra (Portugal)
8. froggirlwendy (Australia)
10.

Released 14 yrs ago (8/22/2005 UTC) at BookRay in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

I'll send the book to catsalive at Monday, the 22. August 2005. Enjoy it...

CU... CT

Journal Entry 4 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, November 02, 2005
A big day for bookrings. I've received 5 today. Onto Mt TBR you go. Thanks, CrazyTabasco.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, November 05, 2005
I really enjoyed the adventures of this blue, turquoise, aquamarine, indigo, etc. stone. I wish there had been a map in the book to show it's travels. I most enjoyed Book 1 (Africa 100,000 years ago), Book 2 (the Near East 35,000 years ago), Book 5 (England 1022 CE) and Book 6 (Germany 1520 CE, ending in Zhandu).

Thanks again, CT. I'll send this up to amberC.

Journal Entry 6 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, November 05, 2005
Sorry, the AF above is me. Yes, I forgot to logon.

Posted to amberC 7/11/5.

Journal Entry 7 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, November 10, 2005
received today. a have a few before it, adding it to Mt TBR Bookrings

Journal Entry 8 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, January 12, 2006
i enjoyed this book a lot. i loved the way the stone was different things to different people. i liked following it's journey around the world.

posting as soon as i have an address.

Journal Entry 9 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, February 03, 2006
i have received the book

Journal Entry 10 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, March 10, 2006
this book introduces you to history in a different manner.however,it is really boring.

Journal Entry 11 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, March 10, 2006
i've sent the book to marjaa-nl

Journal Entry 12 by jessicaloveyou on Friday, April 07, 2006
the book got returned to me.i do not know why.i'm going to get mar j ja-nl's address again.