Ticking Along Too, Stories about Switzerland

by Dianne Dicks | Entertainment |
ISBN: 3952000213 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingDolphuswing of Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on 6/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingDolphuswing from Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on Wednesday, June 01, 2005
This book features some 50 tales about how foreigners experienced Switzerland. At times so funny that it makes you laugh out loud. Sometimes so disturbing that you feel genuinely ashamed to be Swiss. Some texts may very well explain a couple of Swiss idiosyncrasies, but others seem somewhat outdated. I was also a bit surprised that most of these tales appear to be from small villages rather than from the cities, which may also give them a bit of a different spin.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDolphuswing from Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on Sunday, June 05, 2005
Will be handed over to nice-cup-of-tea at the next monthly meeting

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, June 18, 2005
Received this book from Dolphus at the last Zurich Meetup.

Interesting book full of stories which explain the special nature of Switzerland! at times I felt the editing could have been a bit more rigorous, but a fun read nonetheless.

I am going to find a suitable bear (maybe swiss in nature) on which to release this book!

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, June 18, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (6/18/2005 UTC) at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

I was trying to find a teddy which was really "swiss" - there was a william tell teddy complete with small teddy with apple on head - but it's disappeared!

Instead I found Cash Teddy next to UBS and Credit Suisse in ParadePlatz. Given the Zurich Gnomes (who or what are they??) and banks and money, and since the teddy has a nice swiss waistcoat, I decided this was the best teddy to release this book of swiss tales! Shame about the padlock / chastity belt on the teddy :-)

Click here for all the Teddy Releases!