A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius

by Dave Eggers | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by biba89 of Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on 5/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, May 22, 2005
the national bestseller

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, December 01, 2005
Well. At first I was mildly curious, then irritated, then annoyed. My goodness, what a narcist this must be, to come peeking through the pages all the time, waving at the reader, who just wants to be left alone and immerse herself in the story. And finally, my heart melted at his personality, and I was able to forgive him for all his tricks and games.
The reason the writer is seemingly showing all the time, is that he writes autobiographically. I didn't realise that at first. Here is the story of a 24-year old orphan, who takes care of his 9-year old orphan brother, trying with all his might to be a stand-in parent. There is love here.

Journal Entry 3 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, January 07, 2007
Took this book from the shelf at the OBCZ Hof van Twello. I was there to check on the books, but it seems people hardly take them! Maybe I should make a huge sign saying "Free books. Take them." This one I brought with me because Dave Eggers' newest What is the what received very good reviews. And I haven't read any of his books yet. I am curious whether I will like this book, I think I remember that people who read it either loved it or hated it.

Released 11 yrs ago (1/26/2008 UTC) at IFFR - Internationaal Filmfestival Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

At Cinerama, Westblaak. Left the book on the reading table on the right side of the 1st floor.