Lazybones

by Mark Billingham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Sterile of Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 5/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 22, 2005
Someone - a woman or somebody pretending to be a woman, is writing to convicted rapists in prison, befriending them and then brutally killing them when they are released. DI Tom Thorne must discover the link between these killings and a murder/suicide that took place twenty-five years before; a tragedy to which the only witnesses were two small children, now adults and nowhere to be found...How can you escape a past that will do a lot more than just catch up with you? And how can Thorne catch a killer, when he doesn't really care about the victims?

Journal Entry 2 by Sterile at on Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (6/1/2005 UTC) at

Trade to Librarie - Norway Mailed 2nd June.

Journal Entry 3 by librarie from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, June 6, 2005
Thanks sterile! I now feel guilty that I haven't managed to send off my part of the trade yet. I will probably try to get hold of the previous book (Scaredy Cat) before I manage to get to this one, but I expect I will enjoy it as much as his first book

Journal Entry 4 by librarie from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, October 2, 2005
I picked this up to start reading and then found it hard to put down. I think I like Billingham's books as I usually find the characters well-drawn and I think they give a reasonable impression of the pace and tedium of most police work while creating the necessary tension to keep the reader's attention.

Journal Entry 5 by librarie at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, October 21, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (10/22/2013 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Hopefully I will be able to release a few of the books I currently have as they need to be passed on!