Possession

Registered by Gator-Maine of Portland, Maine USA on 5/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Gator-Maine from Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, May 19, 2005
Back cover blurb:

"Winner of England's Booker Prize and the literary sensation of the year [1990], Possession is an exhilarating novel of wit and romance, at once an intellectual mystery and a triumphant love story. It is the tale of a pair of young scholars researching the lives of two Victorian poets. As they uncover their letters, journals, and poems, and track their movements from London to Yorkshire--from spiritual séances to the fairy-haunted far west of Brittany--what emerges is an extraordinary counterpoint of passions and ideas."

More beautifully articulated than I can manage this morning! One of the best books I've read this last decade, and the basis for a well-made movie (although still far short of the richness and magic of the novel) a few years ago.

Journal Entry 2 by Gator-Maine from Portland, Maine USA on Monday, November 21, 2005
Mailing out to Janaqq in Texas today--with wishes for a thoroughly enjoyable experience with it! This is one of my all-time favorites and the influence of BCing toward sharing all our shelves is the only reason I can let this book go!!

Journal Entry 3 by LFL_CedarPark from Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, December 08, 2005
thanks so much, I will read and release soon.