The Lovely Bones

by Alice Sebold | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by crenhov of Thalwil, Zürich Switzerland on 5/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by crenhov from Thalwil, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, May 15, 2005
This book is best read in conjunction with her memoir "Lucky", but on its on it is a good read as well.

Journal Entry 2 by crenhov at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (6/8/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

As I can't make the Bookcrossing meeting here tomorrow night:-( I am leaving it in the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by coffeestained from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, June 09, 2005
Found on the bookshelf; will read, report and release shortly.

Journal Entry 4 by coffeestained at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (6/22/2005 UTC) at Teddy Summer 2005 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

_The Lovely Bones_ by Alice Sebold
Almost an interesting concept but not very interesting read, with sweeping verges too far away from some kind of setting that it’s trying to portray. Aside from my flinches at every mention of “heaven” (note to writer: you’re a creator, try creating) and my reading assaulted at such things as an *observing narrator* telling me what people are THINKING (note to writer and editor: that’s “fucken” (sorry, I’m still contaminated by _Vernon Gawd Little_) impossible!) and Sebold’s 100% fail-rate at using a metaphor with any strength, I decided to put it down after 100 pages.

1 more nail in the coffin of contemporary fiction.

Anyway, a visually fitting bear…
#210 – Ursus-Orthopaedicus (B’hofstrasse)

Journal Entry 5 by Reiskorn from Bamberg, Bayern Germany on Saturday, July 09, 2005
I saw that poor book lying next to the surprise schoggi bear in the rain last monday and I picked it up because I felt sorry for that soaked book. Two times I already had the chance to read this book before, but now at the third chance I finally read it. After reading it I will release it somewhere in Bamberg. That book has maybe already more an better stories to tell than its author...