Letting Go

Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 5/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 14, 2005
Dayton Public Library booksale

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Fortysomething Ellen Jameson is currently downsizing her life, a term she prefers over ones like widowed, broke and homeless. After her husband's untimely death, she was forced to sell his business and their family home to pay off the debt. Now, with her party-hardy, twenty-one-year-old daughter Amber in tow, along with Amber's three-year-old daughter, Jet, Ellen has moved home with her mother, Wilma, a serial bride for whom stability is a dirty word.

And the changes keep on coming. Ellen's new job at The Cowboy of Taxes has a revolving door of down-on-their-luck clients — perfect for Ellen, considering her recent experiences. In the meantime she has something of a revolving door at home, given her mother and daughter remain convinced that men will solve their money problems.

But life is what you make it, and in colorful San Antonio, Texas, four generations of women discover that the most important thing about having a past is letting it go.

Journal Entry 2 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, January 16, 2006
Not a bad read. I think I liked "Doing Good" a little better.

Journal Entry 3 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, March 20, 2006
On the way to Three104...then SandDanz (it was a 2006 BC Convention book I had promised her...but forgot to mark...there are soooooo many of them)! :)

Sand said I could send this to Three104 first...hope you don't mind passing it on to Sand later.

Journal Entry 4 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Arrived today - thanks!

I'll post a note on it for Sand.

Journal Entry 5 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, January 24, 2010
And it's been 4 years..........

Journal Entry 6 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Arrived safe and sound and just in time! Thanks for sending!!

Reserved for the This City Reads/Akron Reading festival day Feb. 6th, 2010

Journal Entry 7 by Tribefan at Main library in downtown Akron in Akron, Ohio USA on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/6/2010 UTC) at Main library in downtown Akron in Akron, Ohio USA

Look for the Rubber City Book Posse!
We will have a table and be giving away books at the Family Reading Festival on Saturday, Feb 6th from 10AM to 4PM. Located at the Main Library in downtown Akron.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Tribefan. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 8 by chubsiewhubsie from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Friday, February 12, 2010
Leftovers from the book fest..

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Middleburg Heights, Ohio USA on Monday, June 20, 2011
This book was a good and relatively quick read. It really hit on a variety of different personalities responding to stressful situations while emphasizing the strength of a familial bond.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Eustis, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Good feel good story. I am 40 years old and giving to my 15 year old daughter to read because of the family relationships.