Dressing Up for the Carnival

by Carol Shields | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 5/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, May 14, 2005
From the Whitcoulls bargain bin. If my calculations are correct, this is the 1500th book I've registered!

^ ^
=+=
v

Update 24 June 2005: Released this on a statue in King George Square, Brisbane, this morning, but it was caught before I got a chance to make release notes. And then at the ABC convention registration evening tonight, Amjoco rushed up to me and said "we caught one of your books today!"

Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 2 by Amjoco from Golden Beach, Queensland Australia on Friday, June 24, 2005
Ooh, FutureCat's 1500th book! And the first wild release that we've caught. My daughter found this in Brisbane City today, on a statue in King George Square. She recognised a BookCrossing book and brought it home because she knew I'd be thrilled. And I was fortunate enough to meet FutureCat just hours later, visiting Brisbane from Christchurch to attent Australian BookCrossing Convention 2005, so I was able to tell her personally that we'd found it.

It looks like a pretty good book too. I'll put it on my To Be Read pile.

Journal Entry 3 by Amjoco at Kedron-Wavell Services Club in Chermside, Queensland Australia on Saturday, March 11, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (3/11/2006 UTC) at Kedron-Wavell Services Club in Chermside, Queensland Australia

Zonta combined Areas 3 & 5 meeting somewhere in the services club.

This book of short stories is quite remarkable. Carol Shields is such a literary writer! I especially loved the story about the writer who discovers the letter i is sticking/missing on her typewriter and writes a story about it, all without using the letter i in the story.

I'm passing this on at the Zonta meeting this morning - hoping one of my Zontian sisters will take it up and enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, April 11, 2006
I've always enjoyed Carol Shields' writing and have been curious about Bookcrossing since I first heard about it, so I was delighted to find "Dressing up for the Carnival" left enticingly on a table at the Zonta Area Meeting - thank you for releasing it, Amjoco.

CAUGHT IN BRISBANE QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA

Journal Entry 5 by lavendula from Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Sunday, August 13, 2006
At a friends house waiting for a new reader, now it will be left at a public place in Toowoomba for it's next journey