Cold Blood/Cold Shoulder Duo

by Lynda La Plante | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by CandyDarling of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/13/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 13, 2005
This book includes the first and second Lorraine Page books by Lynda La Plante.

Cold Shoulder
Lieutenant Lorraine Page had everything. Impossible to believe that she could be thrown out of the police force and end up on Skid Row. Lorraine's ex-colleagues soon forget her, as the hunt for a serial killer spirals into an all-out search for a missing witness. A victim who escaped and is now on the run... from her life. Lorraine Page is that witness. Against her will she is drawn into the investigation. Forced to face her past and her overwhelming guilt...

Cold Blood
Suspicion and fear surround the mysterious disappearance of a movie star's daughter. The race to claim the reward for finding Anna Louise Caley - dead or alive - spirals into a deadly voodoo trail in the French quarter of New Orleans. In her desperation to succeed in this, her first case as a private detective, ex-Lieutenant Lorraine Page is caught in a web of deceit and violence that threatens to drag her back to the murky world she fought so hard to escape. Continuing the investigation means risking everything. But the million-dollar bonus is one hell of an incentive not to fall back off a case that could kill her - or give her the future and professional respect that she craves.

Journal Entry 2 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 01, 2005
Loaned the book to Millam. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by Millam from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Saturday, October 01, 2005
Thank you for lending me the first Lorraine Page books.

Journal Entry 4 by Millam from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, November 08, 2006
I just cannot get it why on earth the publisher has changed the order of the books in this omnibus. I didn't realise it until it was too late. That's why I read the second Lorraine Page novel at first and then just couln't make myself to go back in her history. But this one I read was a good one.

Journal Entry 5 by harmaja from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 07, 2006
Just a short note to say that tiittapauppi gave me this book to be passed on to CandyDarling. Will do!

Journal Entry 6 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 09, 2007
I got the book from Harmaja today, and it goes back to my TBR.

Released 6 mos ago (9/13/2019 UTC) at -- Kalasataman Vapaakaupungin Olohuone REDIssä in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Kirja vapautuu Kalasataman Vapaakaupungin Olohuoneen kirjahyllyyn Kauppakeskus REDI:ssä!

-----------------------------------------

Onneksi olkoon, olet löytänyt BookCrossing-kirjan!

Olisi mukava tietää, mistä löysit kirjan, ja jos päätät lukea sen, olisi kiva kuulla, mitä pidit kirjasta. Sitten voitkin joko pitää sen omassa hyllyssäsi tai laittaa maailmalle uutta lukijaa etsimään ja ilahduttamaan. Jos päätät liittyä BookCrossing-sivustolle, pääset myös itse seuraamaan kirjan matkaa ja lukemaan uusien lukijoiden ajatuksia tästä kirjasta.

Hyviä lukuhetkiä!

P.S. Tervetuloa suomenkieliselle keskustelufoorumille!

-----------------------------------------

If you're reading this, you've caught a book! Congratulations, and welcome to BookCrossing. You've come to a friendly place. Hope you enjoy the book, and the free no-spam website. Please make a short note to let me know what you thought of the book, then feel free to keep it or set it free to continue its journey. If you choose to join BookCrossing, you'll be able to see where the book goes on its travels!

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 8 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, September 15, 2019
Finally my first ever visit to Redi. I always get lost where ever I go, so when people said Redi is a place where everyone gets lost I have avoided coming here this long. But finally my curiosity of this Living Room with bookshelves got the better of me and I chose a very wet Sunday so that there would hopefully be very few people around. Left my car somewhere down below and found the Living Room quite easily.
The book shall remain here, came just to say that I made it this far and spotted two BC-books.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMINKULAwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 19, 2020
The book was still in the Living Room and I catched it. I'm planning again a trip to abroad and need some books to release there. :)

Congratulations, you've found a book I released in the wild. It's yours now - you can keep it, give to someone you know or release it back in the wild. Thank you for letting me know you've found it! If you want, you're welcome to join Bookcrossing.com. :)