Explorers Wanted!: In the Jungle

by Simon Chapman | Children's Books |
ISBN: 1405205539 Global Overview for this book
Registered by acanthium32 of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/11/2005
Journal Entry 1 by acanthium32 from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Picked this up for Mantis Mad - it's of a genre he hasn't tried before, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of it.

From the back:
EXPLORERS WANTED TO:

Learn Jungle Survival
Trek through rainsforest
Find Lost cities
Discover indian tribes
Encounter strange creatures
Brave the sweltering heat
Battle swarms of stinging insects
Face constant danger

Go in search of the lost city of Rucu-rumimarca and experience what it's really like to travel into the heart of unexplored Amazon jungle.

Journal Entry 2 by MantisMad from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2005
This was a very good book. It was all about survival in the Amazonian rainforests. I enjoyed it because I like all of the insects in the rainforest (except the flies and mosquitoes and assassin bugs...they're nasty!) I've always wanted to go to the Amazon, but not any more because it's wet and you get fungus growing in your armpits!

My favourite part was learning about all the different types of ants. I didn't like the part with the jaguar leaping over your head and running away as it was a scaredy cat if ever I saw one!

Off to alphaforce for the Tiggerific NSS - hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by alphaforce from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 19, 2005
I have just started reading Explorers Wanted in the Jungle......so far so good.....thanks for the Top Trumps!

Journal Entry 4 by nocton4 at The Drill Hall in Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/10/2008 UTC) at The Drill Hall in Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Excellent book.