Eleven Minutes

by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eefa on 5/11/2005
Journal Entry 1 by eefa on Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Very different to Coehlo's other stories. I really liked this novel.
[taken from amzon.co.uk]
Eleven Minutes tells the story of young Maria living an innocent life in a Brazilian village and is played out in a measured fashion, but with all the author's brilliant scene-setting (very lush here) fully in place. But then Maria experiences love and suffers great pain. From this point, Coelho has us inexorably in his grip. Maria's disillusionment with love leads her to Geneva where she finally ends up selling her body (Coelho may offer us the beauty of life, but never at the expense of its harshness). Maria's approach to sex is complex--this is no mere revulsion arising from what she is now doing with her life. And then she meets a seductive young painter, who may or may not offer her a new path in life. But does she prefer to continue on the dark sexual odyssey she has embarked on, at the expense of real love?

Journal Entry 2 by eefa on Thursday, May 12, 2005
Reserved for DoryNZ

Journal Entry 3 by eefa at N/A in N/A, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 04, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (5/13/2005 UTC) at N/A in N/A, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Released to DoryNZ

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, October 03, 2005
Very enjoyable. Quite a modern fairy tale both in style and substance. Would recommend.

CAUGHT IN TOULOUSE FRANCE

Journal Entry 5 by DoryNZ from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, October 03, 2005
Oops, forgot to login when I wrote the journal entry above.