The Bastard Boy

by James Wilson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 057121519x Global Overview for this book
Registered by BookCrosser of Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on 5/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by BookCrosser from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, May 09, 2005
An oldfashioned adventure story. Ned Gudgeon is asked to find the bastard child his brother Daniel fathered in America during the Seven Years War. Following the few clues he has, he travels first to a Carolina plantation, where he helps two slaves to escape; to Mount Vernon, to see Daniel's former brother-officer, George Washington; and then across the Appalachians, into the wild 'back country' of the frontier - where he has a series of perilous adventures with settlers and bandits, visionaries and murderers, landspeculators and American Indians, before finally reaching his journey's end.

Journal Entry 2 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, June 05, 2005
Brought this book from the meeting in Lef last week. It looks promising.

Journal Entry 3 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, November 29, 2006
This book has been gathering dust here for the past 1.5 years, and every time I was to pick a new book to read, I skipped this one. So now this book travels with a friend to New Zealand, where it will be released.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, November 29, 2006
into the big backpack!

Journal Entry 5 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, February 04, 2007
.. and back it came, after having traveled all the way to New Zealand. Inside is a boarding card to show for it. I picked it up from Papavers bookcase after dinner yesterday. Bookcrosser can be trusted to hand out beautiful stories, I have never been disappointed.

Journal Entry 6 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, March 30, 2007
Halfway the book I had the sense I was plodding through, desperate to finish it, hoping for a somewhat satisfying ending. Alas.

Released 12 yrs ago (4/24/2007 UTC) at NBC, Nieuwegeins Business Centre (de Blokhoeve) in Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands

tijdens het KansRijk evenement