The Bride Stripped Bare : A Novel

by Nikki Gemmell | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 000716226x Global Overview for this book
Registered by skcreader of Roanoke, Virginia USA on 5/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Sunday, May 8, 2005
short journal entries exploring a women's unspoken desires and feelings towards her husband and others - not bad, not particularly good ...just OK. Glad I read it because I would always wonder...will send to a friend as a RABCK once I find pages 279 - 310 missing from my copy...

Journal Entry 2 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Friday, June 17, 2005
Placed in the book cemetery.

Journal Entry 3 by BookCemetery on Saturday, June 18, 2005
It is always a sad day at the Book Cemetery when an incomplete Reading Companion arrives for the final chapter of their unfulfilled lives. There are no winners in these situations. The reader, buoyed by the possibility of a good diversion; the book, full of promise; and the reality? PAGES MISSING!!! The Resurrection Team made an executive decision barely in time to make the last Cremation slot of the day (Saturday 18 June 2005). The ashes of the dear departed Reading Companion were scattered beneath a fragrant heritage rose ("Le Epousee Decape") in the Memorial Rose Garden, as the Book Cemetery Choir gave a magnificent rendition of "Le Recemment Marie Amerement Decu". There was not a dry eye in the congregation. In a strange and unusual coincidence, the total number of Mourners was exactly the same as the total number of missing pages (31).

Chief Mourner was skcreader (who, by a further strange coincidence, was this month's Lucky Door Prize Winner - free tickets to the Book Cemetery Bridal and Funeral Expo!!!), had to be assisted to the Limousine following the Service. The Staff and Management of the Book Cemetery extend sincere condolences at this sad time.

R.I.P.