Kids' Letters to Harry Potter From Around The World

by Bill Adler, Syrena Done | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 8/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Monday, August 22, 2005
The title instantly grabbed me in the bookstore this evening. I immediately started reading through some of the letters... absolutely adorable stuff here, even better than the annual "letters to santa" I read in my local paper! Will be getting to this soon and passing on!

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 18, 2006
This was great! Although, I must admit, it took me a long time, I don't think I could have just sat and read through all at once, at times it did become a bit repetitive and tedious. I loved the interviews he did with many of the kids, to shed light on their love of Harry Potter. All in all I would say this is a great book to browse through or keep on a coffee table.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Bookring!

The "rules" are simple:
When you get the book, make a journal entry letting everyone know you have it.
Try, as much as possible, to read and have the book out within a month's time.
Contact the next in line and send the book on when you're done.
Enjoy and have fun!

Ring began Jan 19 2006

Here is the mailing order:

gillianne NM, USA ***** FINISHED
TracyShannon Germany ***** FINISHED
Breeze144 Canada ***** FINISHED
lauraloo29 Canada ***** FINISHED
HallieK TX, USA ***** FINISHED
mysteryfan03 MO, USA
sydney2259 Australia
** asked to be removed - pepita-di-Corfu

** removed due to problems as seen in forums *** mnewman OR, USA

Journal Entry 4 by Gillianne from Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, January 19, 2006
I can't wait to read this. I will get to it as quick as I can and then pass it on to the next person on the list.

Okay, try as I may I cannot seem to get into this book. As much as I hate to do it, I'm giving up. I'll be sending it on to the next person in the book ring as soon as she let's me know where to send it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, July 09, 2006
I have picked the book up, and will be shipping soon. Gillianne sends her deepest apologies, she has not been well.

Journal Entry 6 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Holy cow, this poor bookring has been sitting with me for a long time. After I got it from gillianne, I inadvertently placed it in a box, where it seemed to get lost when we moved. I have located it and the book has now (finally) been shipped to TracyShannon. So sorry about the delay, folks.

Journal Entry 7 by tracyshannon from El Paso, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
This book arrived safe and sound on April 4, 2007. My internet access is sporadic at best right now due to my impending move. I'll let you know what I think as soon as I can. :)

Journal Entry 8 by tracyshannon from El Paso, Texas USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I have Breeze144's address and hope to mail the book out this week.

I never did read the entire book. I would pick it up periodically throughout my travels from Germany through the US visiting family and finally to my new residence in El Paso. However, I couldn't ever "get into" it. To me, the letters somehow seemed like they were written by an adult trying to sound like a child--perhaps because of the book's editing?

I appreciate the opportunity to read the book. Thanks Jare!

Journal Entry 9 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 08, 2007
Arrived here today! Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 20, 2007
I was diappointed with this book. I was really hoping to read some cute letters, some funny letters and some inspiring letters....not just what I see at school everydau. I wasn't really hooked by any the of the letters and the interviews seemed wordy and got boring after a while. I read about half way through and then skimmed.

I have contacted Lauraloo29, will send it along as soon as I hear back.

Journal Entry 11 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Arrived today. I don't have a lot of time the next 2 weeks to read, but I'll see what I can do. No worries. I will keep this book moving. :)

Journal Entry 12 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 12, 2007
I'm not really enjoying this letters. I agree with TracyShannon that it felt an adult wrote the letters. Not to worry. I shall pass the book on next week. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Got this in the mail today. I have a couple books ahead of it, but since I just finished book 7, I'm sure I won't be able to resist!

Journal Entry 14 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, August 02, 2007
I started reading this one, but couldn't really get into it. The letters are cute, but it was all too much the same for me. Thanks for sharing, though! I've got the next address and it'll go out in the mail tomorrow.