Shopaholic Abroad

by Sophie Kinsella | Humor |
Registered by KatColorado of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 5/7/2005
Journal Entry 1 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, May 07, 2005
Habe ich anlässlich des MegaMeetUp in Basel im Bücherbrocki gefunden.

Helen möchte das Buch auch lesen ;-)

Journal Entry 2 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, June 11, 2005
This was my second Shopaholic book. Like in the first book, I was a little torn.

I liked the story in the beginning, because it was all light and carefree and not deep at all. Then around the middle of the book, the addiction of Becky didn't seem so funny anymore, it felt like a proper illness and not something to joke about, because I'm sure there are a lot of people who really spend too much money all the time and just can't help themselves. I'm glad that in the end she found a good way to solve her financial problems and that she found THE job for her, it was obvious, that this sort of job was something that she should have done all along.

I'm glad that I'm not obsessed about clothes like Becky, my weak spot are just books, but I don't think I'm alone with this on BC...

Journal Entry 3 by KatColorado at on Thursday, June 16, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (6/16/2005 UTC) at

Becky will travel to nice-cup-of-tea... We will all three have a drink together tonight at the bar Muenz ;-)

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, June 17, 2005
Received this from KatColorado last night, kindly lending me this book! Happy Holidays Kat :-)
Thanks also for the lovely cloth bookcrossing badge - just need to decide where to sew it....

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 21, 2005
I really enjoyed this book. Rebecca is an naive, self-deluding, kind-hearted, generous character who bumbles her way through the book, but then does realise her faults and works to resolve them. Good ending! Will give the book back to KatColorado when she's back from holiday in France - can't wait, I miss you :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, July 05, 2005
I really enjoyed the first Shopaholic book.. so I had to take this home with me today!:-)

Journal Entry 7 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, July 07, 2005
well... after the first few chapters I wasn't sure whether I can finish the book. But maybe it was not a good idea to read it right after "The Time Traveler's Wife". I just couldn't stend Becky at the beginning.
But then, it was OK and I enjoyed the book as much as I enjoyed the first one. And I love stories with a happy ending!

Journal Entry 8 by sunnee from Bern, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, January 23, 2006
In meiner Tasche gelandet am heutigen MeetUp in Bern...