Women of the Silk

by Gail Tsukiyama | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0312099436 Global Overview for this book
Registered by suspinz of Sidney, Illinois USA on 5/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by suspinz from Sidney, Illinois USA on Monday, May 02, 2005
Recommended to me by a friend, this is historical fiction with strong female characters set in pre-war China. I've read it twice, once for myself and once to lead my bookgroup in discussion. Would read it again.

Journal Entry 2 by suspinz at on Monday, May 02, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (5/20/2005 UTC) at

Controlled release

Journal Entry 3 by 4Callie from Chippenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 18, 2005
Very unexpectedly recieved this book when at Chippenham Town Hall. It was wrapped & addressed specifically for me - what a nice surprise. Thank you Suspinz, one day I'm sure we'll meet.
It turned out to be my favourite read this summer. really beautiful story that touches the soul (but only if you're a lady I would imagine) It will stay with you for a long time & undoubtedly there will be at least one image from it that you relate to & will really hit home. This book has since travelled to Somerset to be read by new eyes and is now on its way to Cornwall to be discovered all over again....

Journal Entry 4 by 4Callie at Bus station in Penzance, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, August 18, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (8/21/2005 UTC) at Bus station in Penzance, Cornwall United Kingdom