The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

by Douglas Adams | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Giz-angel of Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 30, 2005
Douglas Adams - just the best.

Thanks to an Amazon reviewer for this:
This is the second in the series of the Hitchhiker guides written by Douglas Adams with the continued adventures of Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect, Zaphod Beeblebrox (including both his heads) and Trillian.

The book starts where the Hitchhiker’s Guide finishes, with Zaphod asking Arthur whether he’s hungry, suggesting they go to the restaurant at the end of the universe. Now as restaurants go, this place is a little unique as since it’s the restaurant at the end of the universe there is something that little bit unique about this place – ie. you can watch the universe being destroyed every time you visit it.

In terms of the writing style, there’s not all that much new in this book beyond the predecessor and yet it’s an entertaining read. If you’re thinking of buying this book, also check out the ultimate hitchhiker’s guide which contains all the main books from the hitchhiker series. Compared to the other books in the series, this isn’t my favourite story although it does have some great bits in it. I suppose that given the incredible originality of the first book in the series, it was something quite tough to live up to, but do read it anyway – if nothing else, to read the next in series “Life, the Universe and Everything”.

Released 16 yrs ago (5/9/2005 UTC) at Postal Release in Post office, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 3 by rem_DUV-129661 on Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Picked up today from the post office. Thanks so much Giz-angel for sending it to me.
I am going to read it after I read the 1st book in the serie (as part of a bookring).

5 December 05: mailed today as part of a bookrelay. Enjoy:)

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Received in the mail today. Having recently read the first in the series, I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 02, 2006
While I enjoyed this continuation of the series, I thought the first book was more witty. Still a good read.

Journal Entry 6 by Catwoman at on Monday, January 02, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (1/2/2006 UTC) at

Mailed to loom91 today

Journal Entry 7 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Monday, April 03, 2006
Thanks a lot for sending. I'm going to start a bookring with this.

Journal Entry 8 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Monday, April 03, 2006
An outstanding work. Adams is a genious and I will recommend this book to anyone who likes to laugh.

STATUS:-With keithneese

This is going out as a bookray. It's always open untill I declare it closed, which will be when it reaches the last participant. The last participant can do whatever e wants with the book. Just PM me to join.

01)keithneese (USA, anywhere)
02)bargainqueen (Australia, anywhere)
03)palomikus (Slovakia, Europe only)
04)bookmanu (Portugal, anywhere, Europe prefered)
05)MieLH (Denmark, anywhere)

RULES:- 1)Journal the book as soon as possible after receiving it.
2)PM the next person for their address. It's better to do this at the beginning so you don't have to wait later.
3)Read the book. No pressure, but keep in mind that others are waiting. One-and-a-half months should be enough. Let me know if it will take you longer.
4)Journal to say what you thought about the book.
5)Send the book on to the next person and journal having sent the book.

NOTES:- 1)Make separate journal entries instead of editing one when you have something new to say.
2)In case of any problems, questions, feedback, feel free to PM me.

Journal Entry 9 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Thursday, May 11, 2006
The book is off to keithnesse by surface mail. Please journal it as soon as you receive it.

Journal Entry 10 by keithneese from Mobile, Alabama USA on Thursday, August 03, 2006
This book finally arrived today. I am working on one other one now, so I will be starting this one in the next couple of days. Thanks for sharing this one, loom91

Journal Entry 11 by keithneese from Mobile, Alabama USA on Sunday, August 06, 2006
Just a note to say that I started this book today.

Journal Entry 12 by keithneese from Mobile, Alabama USA on Monday, August 14, 2006
I finished this tonight. It was a very entertaining book, quite humorous. I enjoyed it. I'm going to email the next participant for their mailing info, and I will get this book in the mail in the next few days. Thanks again to loom91 for sharing this with us.