The Day of the Triffids

by JOHN WYNDHAM | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Flambard of Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom on 4/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Flambard from Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, April 30, 2005
Fantastic! Pacy, well-written, and far better than the film. It was obviously written to appeal to cold-war mentalities, but is remarkably imaginitive and gripping. Loved it!

Journal Entry 2 by Flambard at on Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (5/3/2005 UTC) at

To Ottawabill!

Journal Entry 3 by ottawabill from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 16, 2005
I read the Day of the Triffids many mnay moons ago when I was a mere school lad and madly smitten with the librarian that recommended it. It was probably my first exposure to science fiction reading and has remained in my mind as a favorite read although I'd be hard pressed to recall the details of the story.

I'm so pleased to get it as a surprise gift from a new friend and I look forward to reaquainting myelf with it...all the more special since the story occurs nearby to his home town.

I'm sorry to be late journalling it..I'm just now catching up with things. Thanks Flambard !

Journal Entry 4 by ottawabill at Confederation Park/Festival Park in Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 31, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/3/2009 UTC) at Confederation Park/Festival Park in Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Another early morning mass release in Festival Park and Confederation Park before I go to work.