The Lovely Bones: A Novel

by Alice Sebold | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by uofigirl of Bloomington, Indiana USA on 12/15/2002
Journal Entry 1 by uofigirl from Bloomington, Indiana USA on Sunday, December 15, 2002
Very good book. I'd recommend it. And, since I have been recommending it, I have a 4 person waiting list for this book already.

Journal Entry 2 by uofigirl from Bloomington, Indiana USA on Tuesday, January 07, 2003
On its way to pgsahm

Journal Entry 3 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 16, 2003
2/6/03

I know there was a lot of hype surrounding this book, which led me to read it... I was not sure how I would feel. If I would agree with all the hype or not. However I really did like the book. It was very disturbing in the beginning, but it grew into a great story and a very well told story. I enjoyed the idea of Susie telling her story from heaven. It felt very different than any other book I'd read about someone who'd been murdered. Very unique premise. Very good read.

Journal Entry 4 by pgsahm at on Thursday, February 06, 2003
Released on Thursday, February 06, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Releasing to oldreader, the next in line for this book!

Journal Entry 5 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Tuesday, February 18, 2003
Has just arrived via parcel post.have read a lot about it and hope it meets all expectations.thanks so much for sharing.Am currently reading ashes to Ashes.which will wait for this

Journal Entry 6 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Wednesday, February 26, 2003
the beginning of this was hard to read .The story was horrifying but well written.It got better as it went on.Book is on its way back to owner.Daidy had gotten a copy already when I emailed her.The author does a great job with the friends and family after.

Journal Entry 7 by uofigirl from Bloomington, Indiana USA on Thursday, March 06, 2003
Book ring is complete! It's made it's way back home. Now, it's headed off again....

Journal Entry 8 by Lise46 from Northbrook, Illinois USA on Saturday, March 15, 2003
Book arrived today and is in my tbr pile - many many thanks for sending it along to UofIgirl!

Journal Entry 9 by Lise46 from Northbrook, Illinois USA on Monday, January 12, 2004
This book was amazing. I read it in 48 hours and had trouble putting it down - and wished there was more!

Being released to a fellow BCer

Journal Entry 10 by Lizabeth86 from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Thursday, January 15, 2004
Received in the mail today from BCer Lise46 as a RABCK. I can't thank you enough for offering this up. I have been wanting to read this for some time. I will pass it along to another BCer when finished.

Journal Entry 11 by Lizabeth86 from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Monday, February 02, 2004
I am probably in the minority when I say I didn't think this book lived up to it hype. Although it was a good book it wasn't the best I have ever read. I did like the concept of it being narrated by Susie up in heaven. It was very hard to read the beginning with Susie describing the details of her murder but was obviously a necessity to the plot. I was however very disappointed with the ending concerning Mr. Harvey. I know it was meant to be poetic irony but I definately felt "let-down". Aside from feeling a bond with Susie I also enjoyed the character of Ruth. I am now passing this along to another BCer.

Journal Entry 12 by Tmoke from Niles, Michigan USA on Monday, May 17, 2004
I am writing this entry as an acknowledgement, long overdue, that I received this book from Lizabeth86. I will journal again when I have read the book.