Come Rain or Shine

by Susan Sallis | Women's Fiction |
Registered by spike1972 of Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on 4/27/2005
Journal Entry 1 by spike1972 from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 27, 2005
From Spike1972:

Given to me by my Mum. Reserved for up-coming Release Challenge.

From Amazon.co.uk

Synopsis

There were four of them: young women employed at an exclusive jewellery store in the 1960s. Close friendships were forged as Natasha, Prudence, Rachel and Maisie worked together. Now, in 1980, Natasha, newly divorced and back from America, decides there must be a reunion.

Journal Entry 2 by spike1972 at Roath Park in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 15, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (5/15/2005 UTC) at Roath Park in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

This book is released in support of American bookcrosser Bethieb who suffers with Arthritis and is walking to raise funds for research into the disease today. See the Challenge in the forum.
If you'd like to find out more about the disease, or make a donation, please visit Arc, the UK charity for Arthritis

I will release this in Roath Park this afernoon, probably near the lake.

Edited To Add:

I released this on a bench, near the lighthouse but on the opposite side overlooking the children's playground.

Journal Entry 3 by Eccentric-spc from Pontypridd, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 15, 2005
Am really busy with exams/intv for next 3 weeks (first 2 esp), but plan to start reading this book in about 2 weeks time - hopefully leave in (or en route) Pontypool 3 June - This will be the first book I have read for pleasure in a long time, so I am going to enjoy the experience!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, May 31, 2005
When I initially picked up this book, I was frustrated by the fact that the female characters were all women with a capital W. From Rachel who wanted to be the ‘power behind the throne’, to Natasha who wielded power, but of a purely sexual nature, these women jarred on my nerves. If there was to be a murder by Maisie’s mad husband, I could cheerfully have nominated The Woman, who if you happen to be female, is to blame for many of life’s greater misfortunes. However, as I continued to read, I found myself increasingly drawn to the lives of these characters, and even to care about their stories. As the relationship between the female characters began to develop, it even struck a chord in some places. The experience of reading about female friendships that had lasted across lifetimes and generations, trivial acts of everyday life and the tragedies that form part of the blend was a powerful and reminiscent mix. As I was reading, it seemed to me just that; a particularly female experience that was being described, and I enjoyed being slowly won round and immersed as a reader. For those of you lucky enough to be the next to find this book, I hope it gives you as much pleasure to read, as it did me, and I can appreciate the fact that somebody loved it enough to pass it along, as a good book is invariably difficult to let go. All that remains for me to say is that I am sure this book will continue to make many ‘new friends’, and enjoy!

PS. I plan to send this book on its travels on Friday 3rd June - somewhere around the Pontypool area, or enroute.

CAUGHT IN CARDIFF