A Clockwork Orange

by Anthony Burgess | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by kangaroo of Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/26/2005
Journal Entry 1 by kangaroo from Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 26, 2005
I've had this for nearly ten years; I think a safe bet that I am not actually going to ever read it.

Time for it to move on and hopefully be better appreciated.

Journal Entry 2 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, July 03, 2005
picked up at the Unconvention in Birmingham.

Journal Entry 3 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 28, 2006
I read this for the first time when I was 18 but have wanted to revisit it for a while.

If you can get past the first few pages, it's worth it, but the first few pages are hard. Nadsat, the teen speak the narrator Alex uses takes a little getting used to and the violence in the first part of the book was pretty horrific at times. But the remainder of the book, Alex's time in prison and the 'treatment' he undergoes, raises questions on freedom of human choice. The final chapter is perhaps the most interesting, as Alex grows up.

Released 13 yrs ago (3/9/2006 UTC) at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

To be released at the Newcastle meet tonight, Tyneside Coffee Rooms, second floor.

Journal Entry 5 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, March 09, 2006
recaught from the Newcastle meet. Didn't feel comfortable wild releasing this one afterwards so will try and find a nice home for it.

Released 13 yrs ago (7/1/2006 UTC) at Unconvention 2006 in Birmingham, West Midlands -- Controlled Releases

To be taken to the UK Unconvention 2006

Journal Entry 7 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, July 02, 2006
Yet another volume thrust into my hands at the Uncon. This one as a complete surprise by perfect-circle before I had even finished registering! It was pretty amazing because, as one of the organisers, she had such a lot to think about!

'Twas on my wish list because I read it long ago, but have never owned a copy, so I am being selfish & moving it to PC for now - but if you want a loan, just ask.

Journal Entry 8 by Caterinaanna at Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Re-read and now ready for re-releasing. Still as powerful and scary as the first time, although possibly somewhat less shocking, given the number of gory films - and news items - I've been exposed to since.

Journal Entry 9 by Caterinaanna at Bablake Boys Club in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/14/2011 UTC) at Bablake Boys Club in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom

Dear Reader,
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome. Thank you for taking the time to call in here and tell us that you have found this book and, perhaps, what you have thought of it.
This book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, or leave it around for someone to find; but please leave the label so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to share in its future travels, and find out what other people think of it, then do join us using the link at the top of the page: BookCrossing is free, private and fun!
And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, CaterinaAnna, as your referring member.

Happy reading!