Under the Snow

by Kerstin Ekman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Lisagt of Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on 4/23/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, April 23, 2005
In the harsh, distant Nordic landscape of Lapland, shrouded in the unremitting darkness of winter, a drunken evening ends in two deaths. But when Constable Torsson skis out to investigate, he is met with a conspiracy of silence...

Journal Entry 2 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, September 15, 2005
I have a few bookrings to read but I'd had this little book on my bedside table for ages and for some reason I picked it up instead! I loved 'Miss Smila's feeling for snow' when I read it so maybe I was hoping for a similar result...

A murder mystery involving snow, reindeer and mahjong! It certainly had a barren feel about it like the landscape!

Journal Entry 3 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Monday, September 19, 2005
This book is now going to binkybuffy who was the winner of my 1yr BC Bday Aussie/NZ draw. (Whew!)
Congratulations!

Journal Entry 4 by binkybuffy from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, September 26, 2005
Journal entry but I haven't read it yet was lucky enough to be the winner and will send it on to bookwormBNE,only too happy to send it on.Will journal when it gets read but I will have to wait to read a couple of others first not too big so don't panic. Thanks so much, love your bookshelf envelope. If you don't mind I'd like to keep the bookmark, is that naughty. Thanks Lisagt.

Journal Entry 5 by binkybuffy from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Won this book in a competiton, picked it from Lisagts bookshelf. Wasn't as good as I thought, but that happens sometimes, but it was fun to win something, especially a book and will send it on a RABCK.

Journal Entry 6 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, November 13, 2005
Yippee ! A RABCK in the mail to day. Thank you so much binkybuffy :)
I am originally Swedish, naturalised Aussie now, but after 17 years away from Sweden I really enjoy reading books written in/about Sweden and/or by Swedish authors. I have another one of Ekman's books so looking forward to reading this as well.

Journal Entry 7 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 01, 2006
Not as good as Blackwater, I found it a bit slow going. Still interesting and it had plenty of twists and turns and I don't doubt that it is a true reflection of what it is like that far north, but it was hard to get engaged.
Still glad I read it, a bit of reconnection with the cold dark north now that I live in sunny Queensland :)

Journal Entry 8 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 21, 2006
Picked this interesting looking book from the Brisbane BC meet-up today. Looks like my sort of book ...

An interesting read - not the best mystery story I've read, but an interesting setting...

Journal Entry 9 by aleonblue at Under the Eiffel Tower in Milton, Queensland Australia on Saturday, July 15, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (7/15/2006 UTC) at Under the Eiffel Tower in Milton, Queensland Australia

Releasing this book at the Brisbane BookCrossers monthly meet-up.

Journal Entry 10 by Viola7 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, July 17, 2006
Caught at the Brisbane Meet-up! Bookworm-BNE enjoyed this and I think that I will like it. It is about the people who live in Lapland where much of the year is very dark and cold, and looks like an interesting mystery. It does look a bit creepy so I might read it during the day! I'm thinking of keeping this for when the Brisbane summer feels like an oven...

Journal Entry 11 by Viola7 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 16, 2006
The account of life in Lapland was interesting, but I found the murder story a bit complicated. I have to say that the characters were all so miserable that I got rather tired of them!

Journal Entry 12 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, November 20, 2006
Ahh, some interesting opinions on this one, will be interested to see how this nice thin book goes.

Journal Entry 13 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
This was an interesting little book, I felt that they tried to pack a lot into a little story which, for me, resulted in me getting confused when I was trying to keep the characters straight in my head.

Maybe it was when I read it, or maybe I have just lost the ability to read mysteries, but I found that right up until the end I had no idea "who dunit", which I guess is a good thing.

Also what extremes, either all dark or all light. No wonder they were quite insane.

An interesting quick read, will return to Christmas meetup

Journal Entry 14 by MadamMuck at Roma Street Parklands in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, December 08, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (12/9/2006 UTC) at Roma Street Parklands in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Brisbane Christmas meetup

Journal Entry 15 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Better late than never... I picked this up as an orphan at the Christmas lunch as put it on the shelf at work. I think this book has 'done' Brisbane so off to Victoria for a change of scenery. Sending as a surprise to charliewendy with a bookring.

Journal Entry 16 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 28, 2007
Received from bookworm-BNE with a bookring. Looks intriguing.