The Dark Labyrinth

by Lawrence Durrell | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 057120743x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Geegal on 4/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Geegal on Tuesday, April 19, 2005
The author vividly pictures a unique atmosphere of the island of Crete. An exotic southern nature, hot sun, beautiful Mediterranean Sea, magnificent mountains - everything serves as the scene for the main action. Durrell was probably inspired by ancient Greek legends about the Labyrinth of Minotaur. He has created not an ordinary adventure story about tourists lost in some mysterious and fearful place, but a study of troubled human minds, difficult relationships, problems of the after-war European society. The author introduces to readers a number of interesting characters, and we follow their way throughout labyrinths of dark sides of the soul as well as throughout caves and tunnels in mountains.

Journal Entry 2 by Geegal at Hadley's - Beim Schlump 84a in Hamburg - Eimsbüttel, Hamburg Germany on Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (7/20/2005 UTC) at Hadley's - Beim Schlump 84a in Hamburg - Eimsbüttel, Hamburg Germany

wenn man ins Hadley's reingeht links in dem Zeitschriftenhalter etwas versteckt.

Journal Entry 3 by she-may-be from Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Saturday, July 23, 2005
The first book I've caught. It sounds quite interesting. I'll write some more after I've read it.

Sep 18, 2005: I couldn't quite get into it. So I'll let it go again...

Released 16 yrs ago (9/18/2005 UTC) at Grundschule Mendelssohnstraße in Hamburg - Bahrenfeld, Hamburg Germany

Gleich hinter der Eingangstür rechts auf dem Sims.